**This course enables internationally qualified nurses to top-up their current nursing qualification to degree level and maximise opportunities for career progression. It ultimately facilitates the professional development of international nurses enabling them to return to their home country and improve service provision and patient outcomes.**
- The course will assist you in developing your critical thinking skills and your understanding of the application of evidenceâbased practice.
- In order to support the development of your practice and implement change within your area of work, your leadership and management skills will be developed.
- You will receive excellent support from experienced academics who are also registered professionals with doctoral degree, international experiences and backgrounds.
- The University of Huddersfield has an excellent reputation for nursing courses, we are ranked in the Top 10 Universities for Nursing and Midwifery courses in the Guardian University League Tables 2019.
- Huddersfield is a vibrant town with large international student population and local amenities.
Developing an Understanding of Research Processes and Methods
Advancing Nursing Practice (international)
Leadership and Management in Advancing Nursing Practice
The nature of the assessment varies from module to module, and mirrors the modes of communication expected of graduates in this field, for example analysing practices, exploring evidenced based practices and writing reports regarding nursing practice. Assessment involves a variety of methods including oral presentations, a learning log, and reports (includes a research project report).
Your module specification/course handbook will provide full details of the assessment criteria applying to your course.
Application deadline details:
Huddersfield was a challenging and fun experience for me. The lecturers really inspired me to think creatively and forced me to consider new perspectives. The city life is ok, there’s not tonnes of clubbing but you can always hop on the train to Leeds or Manchester for a mad one. I prefer to hang out in the pub after lectures, anyway. There are loads of great facilities here too, the library is particularly amazing. The careers service is also incredibly helpful, I walked straight into a job after graduation!
Overall, the university has few faults. There are always friendly faces on and around campus, there are always events and things going on that cater to all interests. The teaching quality is very very high, and lectures are always made to be engaging.
Connect with other students interested in this course
Stay ahead of the uni application process by connecting with students who are applying to this uni. Keep up to date with who is getting interviews, when they receive offers and if they have accepted a place.