This is a four-year course with the third year being spent abroad in a country where the language of study is spoken. It is possible to vary the focus on either business and management or Portuguese Studies from year to year after the first year.
**Business and Management**
- Provides a thorough grounding in the principles of business, management and economics, and their application in the workplace in both European and global contexts.
- The course gives students a thorough grounding in the languages and cultures of the Portuguese-speaking world.
- Students study both European and Brazilian Portuguese.
- They also explore a range of options in areas such as contemporary culture, colonialism, literature and cinema from Brazil, Portugal, Mozambique and Angola.
- Year 3 is spent in a Portuguese-speaking country (on university exchange, work placement, or teaching as an English-language assistant).
**Business and Management**
- You will have the opportunity to take part in the Manchester Leadership Programme; this is a unique opportunity that will not only broaden your horizons but also enhance your CV.
- There is a huge choice of management and related units covering economics, finance, accounting, technology and business.
- Our students have an enviable employment record and the combination of business knowledge and language skills is an attractive one for employers.
- You will be taught by both Portuguese and Brazilian language teachers with specific training and as a result, both your written and your oral work are enhanced by constant exposure to accurate, idiomatic, and documented language.
- Cultural content courses are led by academic staff with broad expertise and who publish widely in their field.
- There are outstanding resources for students, including world leading collections on Lusophone Africa within the library, and access to hundreds of films and texts on Portugal and Brazil.
Application deadline details:
For a great student experience Manchester is the place to be, the main student halls only a ten minute magic bus ride from uni, be out of bed and in lectures within half an hour (great after a night out!) With the biggest students union in the UK there is always something to do, try out a 'Why Not Wednesday?' or join a society, there's more than 400 to choose from, including Quidditch! The city centre has all sorts of surprises, loads of opportunity for shopping, sightseeing and eating out. The Northern Quarter is somewhere to be explored for newcomers will a whole host of quirky bars, pubs and restaurants. The city centre is again only a 20 minute magic bus ride from halls. Manchester is is where you want to be!
Set for Year 1 for EU at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for England at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Northern Ireland at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Scotland at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Wales at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Channel Islands at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for International at £18,500
Connect with other students interested in this course
Stay ahead of the uni application process by connecting with students who are applying to this uni. Keep up to date with who is getting interviews, when they receive offers and if they have accepted a place.