- Provides a thorough grounding in the principles of business, management and economics, and their application in the workplace in both European and global contexts
- This is a four-year course with the third year being spent abroad in a country where the language of study is spoken. It is possible to vary the focus on either business and management or Russian Studies from year to year after the first year.
- Studies in Russian will enable students to develop their Russian language skills to a superior level, while also developing their interests in and knowledge of a variety of other subject areas (such as film and media studies, sociology, history and politics, literary and cultural studies).
- Students will be provided with a broad grounding in Russian area studies, with an emphasis on the integrated study of language, culture and society.
- You will have the opportunity to take part in the Manchester Leadership Programme; this is a unique opportunity that will not only broaden your horizons but also enhance your CV.
- There is a huge choice of management and related units covering economics, finance, accounting, technology and business.
- Our students have an enviable employment record and the combination of business knowledge and language skills is an attractive one for employers.
- Language courses are team-taught by native speakers of Russian and English-speakers with a superior command of Russian; these courses are supplemented by structured independent language-learning activities.
- There are separate language pathways for beginners and post-A level students in the first two years of study.
- You will have access to a wide range of Russian cultural and social events that further your study of Russian language and culture outside the classroom.
**Key features of the programme include:**
- Intensive Russian language courses, including an optional final-year Business Russian course;
- An interdisciplinary core content course (Year 1) with a multimedia focus and integrated training both in crucial study skills and in concrete transferable skills.
Application deadline details:
For a great student experience Manchester is the place to be, the main student halls only a ten minute magic bus ride from uni, be out of bed and in lectures within half an hour (great after a night out!) With the biggest students union in the UK there is always something to do, try out a 'Why Not Wednesday?' or join a society, there's more than 400 to choose from, including Quidditch! The city centre has all sorts of surprises, loads of opportunity for shopping, sightseeing and eating out. The Northern Quarter is somewhere to be explored for newcomers will a whole host of quirky bars, pubs and restaurants. The city centre is again only a 20 minute magic bus ride from halls. Manchester is is where you want to be!
Set for Year 1 for EU at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for England at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Northern Ireland at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Scotland at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Wales at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Channel Islands at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for International at £18,500
Connect with other students interested in this course
Stay ahead of the uni application process by connecting with students who are applying to this uni. Keep up to date with who is getting interviews, when they receive offers and if they have accepted a place.