There is no health without mental health. 1 in 4 people is likely to experience some degree of mental distress. A mental health nurse can make a positive contribution in people's lives. Our vision is to promote compassionate care through effective communication. We want to make this a reality by recruiting people who are willing to take up this challenge. So, do you have the courage to commit yourself to mental health nursing? If you do, then our BSc (Hons) programme, which gives you a registration through the Nursing and Midwifery Council as a mental health nurse, is for you.
Our programme takes you on a service user's journey within the community and hospital settings. Through a flexible and blended approach to learning, our programme reinforces your positive attitude; provides you with evidence-based knowledge and equips you with effective practice skills. So, if you want to become a brilliant mental health nurse then we can inspire you and transform your life and the lives of others.
**By studying at the University of Northampton, you can be sure that:**
- If you join us, you will experience student life at the University's new £330 million Waterside Campus. Come along to an Open Day and find out more.
- Students enrolling on this course at Northampton will be provided with their own brand new Hewlett Packard laptop* to keep at no additional cost. All sports clubs and societies are free to join at Northampton and every essential course text book is available via the library, meaning you won't have to purchase copies. For more information on this visit our website (northampton.ac.uk/benefits).
- Based on the evidence available, the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) Panel judged that the University of Northampton delivers consistently outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for its students. It is of the highest quality found in the UK.
- Whatever your ambitions, we're here to help you to achieve them. We'll support you to identify the skills you're learning during your course, find your strengths and secure practical experience so that when it comes to applying for jobs or further study you'll feel confident in standing out from the crowd.
**The Northampton Employment Promise**
- In fact, we're so confident in our careers and employability support that If you achieve at least a 2:2 degree and complete either our Employability Plus Gold programme or achieve a Changemaker Gold Certificate during your time studying with us, but still haven't secured full-time employment 12 months after graduating, we will secure a three – six month paid internship for you or support you into postgraduate study.
âœ± terms and conditions apply. See northampton.ac.uk/benefits for more information
• Nursing Practice 1 (compulsory)
• Foundations of Mental Health Nursing (compulsory)
• The Development of Personal and Professional Self (compulsory)
• Practice Development 1 (compulsory)
• Essential Human Anatomy and Physiology for Nursing (compulsory)
• Applied Research in Public Health (compulsory)
• Practice Development 2 (compulsory)
• Nursing Practice 2 (compulsory)
• Recovery and Psychosocial Interventions (compulsory)
• Primary and Secondary Mental Health Care (compulsory)
• Enhancing Service Delivery Within Specialist Mental Health Care (compulsory)
• Dissertation Practice Focused Project (compulsory)
• Practice Development 3 (compulsory)
• Nursing Practice 3 (compulsory)
Module information is quoted for 17/18 entry. Please note that modules run subject to student numbers and staff availability, any changes will be communicated to applicants accordingly.
You will be continuously assessed throughout this course to test your knowledge. Placements will also be assessed to ensure that you can effectively apply theory into practice within a healthcare environment.
Application deadline details:
It's a young university, so the campuses are smaller than you'd expect. It’s got a great homely vibe, The nightlife is amazing though, Embargo's the place to go during the week and Roadmender is a great venue for indie music. The teaching is great though, very varied and creative, the academics are really dedicated to making you think about stuff differently. There are really strong support services too. And the Northampton Carnival is great to shake off the exam stress in June.
Set for Year 1 for EU at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for England at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Northern Ireland at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Scotland at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Wales at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Channel Islands at £9,250
Connect with other students interested in this course
Stay ahead of the uni application process by connecting with students who are applying to this uni. Keep up to date with who is getting interviews, when they receive offers and if they have accepted a place.