This two-year intensive course is accredited as a Qualifying Law Degree in England and Wales by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and Bar Standards Board. This course provides exemption from the academic stage of qualification for both branches of the legal profession, making it the perfect option if you are intending to qualify as a solicitor or barrister. This intensive LLB allows you to condense three years of study into two years, accelerating your career development.
As part of this course you will have the chance to visit courtrooms and prisons. Our Law team has strong links with the local legal profession and invite law firms and barristers to visit to provide you with career advice and allow you to learn from their experience.
The two year intensive LLB (Hons) provides an alternative to the three year qualification, allowing you to graduate and fast track your career and move onto the next stage. The intensive degree enables you to complete your degree in two years by extending the academic year into the normal vacation periods. You will need a strong academic ability and time management skills in order to be able to cope with the demands of this course.
**By studying at the University of Northampton, you can be sure that:**
- You will experience student life at the Universityâs Â£330 million Waterside Campus. Come along to an Open Day and find out more.
- Students enrolling on this course at Northampton will be provided with their own brand new laptop* to keep at no additional cost. All sports clubs and societies are free to join at Northampton and every essential course text book is available via the library, meaning you wonât have to purchase copies. For more information on this visit our website (northampton.ac.uk/benefits).
- Based on the evidence available, the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) Panel judged that the University of Northampton delivers consistently outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for its students. It is of the highest quality found in the UK.
- Our expert academics teach in small groups supported with one to one assistance. Our academics and students form a tight bond, providing individualised support and guidance whilst challenging students academically.
- We invest more money into your education than 90% of Universities in the UK**
- Whatever your ambitions, weâre here to help you to achieve them. Weâll support you to identify the skills youâre learning during your course, find your strengths and secure practical experience so that when it comes to applying for jobs or further study youâll feel confident in standing out from the crowd.
â± terms and conditions apply. See northampton.ac.uk/benefits for more information
â±â± source: Guardian University League Table 2020
â¢ Law of Contract (compulsory)
â¢ Learning the Law (compulsory)
â¢ Introduction to Public Law (compulsory)
â¢ Criminal Law (compulsory)
â¢ Law and Society (designated)
â¢ Professional Legal Skills 1 (designated)
â¢ Business and Company Law (designated)
â¢ Law of Tort (compulsory)
â¢ Research Methods3 (compulsory)
â¢ Career Planning and Skills Development3 (compulsory)
â¢ Law of European Institutions (compulsory)
â¢ Public Law (compulsory)
â¢ Environmental Law (designated)
â¢ Organised Crime (designated)
â¢ The Criminal Process (designated)
â¢ Child Law (designated)
â¢ Human Rights in the United Kingdom (designated)
â¢ Consumer Law (designated)
â¢ Intellectual Property Rights Law (designated)
â¢ Discrimination Law (designated)
â¢ Law in the Community 2 (designated)
â¢ Law in Context (designated)
â¢ Land Law (compulsory)
â¢ Dissertation Foundation (compulsory)
â¢ Equity and Trusts (compulsory)
â¢ Employment Law (designated)
â¢ Family Law (designated)
â¢ Medical Law (designated)
â¢ Sale of Goods and Agency (designated)
â¢ Sentencing & Prisons (designated)
â¢ European & International Human Rights Law (designated)
â¢ Terrorism (designated)
â¢ Legal Advice in the Community 2 (designated)
â¢ Practical Legal Skills (designated)
â¢ Law Dissertation (compulsory)
Module information is quoted for 19/20 entry. Please note that modules run subject to student numbers and staff availability, any changes will be communicated to applicants accordingly.
Assessment methods vary on this course. Modules involve a variety of activities such as seminar and workshop debates, group and individual presentations and project work.
Application deadline details:
It's a young university, so the campuses are smaller than you'd expect. It’s got a great homely vibe, The nightlife is amazing though, Embargo's the place to go during the week and Roadmender is a great venue for indie music. The teaching is great though, very varied and creative, the academics are really dedicated to making you think about stuff differently. There are really strong support services too. And the Northampton Carnival is great to shake off the exam stress in June.
Set for Year 1 for EU at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for England at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Northern Ireland at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Scotland at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Wales at £9,250
Set for Year 1 for Channel Islands at £9,250
Connect with other students interested in this course
Stay ahead of the uni application process by connecting with students who are applying to this uni. Keep up to date with who is getting interviews, when they receive offers and if they have accepted a place.