Do you want to learn about the relationships between people, places and the environment? Explore contemporary issues in climate change, environmental sustainability, earth-system science, and the global impact of human activity, covering the range of human and physical geography. Choose to specialise in particular areas or maintain a broad range of interests across the subject. You will also benefit from our strong emphasis on applied skills and career development, enhancing your employability.
You will learn from expert, accessible, supportive staff who are active researchers in their field. You will benefit from our unique location, bordered by Dartmoor National Park, theTamar Valley and South Hams Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Youâll also have the opportunity to take advantage of a wide range of work placement and study abroad possibilities in Europe and the USA, as well as a residential field course in each year of the course.
* Choose from a range of human, physical and environmental geography modules â our stimulating programme of geographical studies includes theory and practical elements.
* Develop your understanding of key processes in glacial, desert, river and coastal landscapes using teaching that includes international residential fieldwork, laboratory work, tutorials, information and communications technology and geographic information systems.
* Learn from expert, accessible, supportive staff who are skilled researchers in their field.
* Benefit from our unique location, bordered by Dartmoor National Park as well as the Tamar Valley and South Hams Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Devon and Cornwall have glorious beaches, coasts, rivers and estuaries.
* Study on a course designed with a focus on employability and applied geography.
* Take advantage of a wide range of work placement and study abroad possibilities in Europe and the USA, as well as a residential field course in each year of the course.
In your first year, modules will introduce you to the latest developments in human and physical geography, and youâll benefit from small group tutorials. Undertake residential fieldwork and develop your practical and applied skills through lab work.
In your second year, youâll deepen your knowledge with a wide range of optional modules in human and physical geography and core modules in theories, practical skills and careers development. Youâll also have the chance to take field courses in Ireland or Brittany.
In your final year, youâll have the option of an overseas field course (recent courses have run in USA, Iceland, Belize, Portugal and China). Youâll also write a dissertation on any aspect of human or physical geography. Thereâs a wide range of optional modules in human or physical geography, plus the option of taking a work experience module to prepare you for your first job.
The modules shown for this course or programme are those being studied by current students, or expected new modules. Modules are subject to change depending on year of entry.
9% of assessment is by exam, 79% by coursework and 12% practical assessment
Application deadline details:
If you're looking for a uni with great new facilities, a wide range of courses and supportive staff, based in a city with great night life, places to eat and shops- but also less than an hour from some great beaches or rural Dartmoor, then Plymouth might just be what you are after. Plymouth offers a wide range of courses, with some more specialist options, especially relating to marine and coastal engineering and science- and the SU has a huge range of societies and sports to join, so you're bound to find something that matches your interests.
Provisional for Year 1 for Channel Islands at £9,250
Provisional for Year 1 for England at £9,250
Provisional for Year 1 for Scotland at £9,250
Provisional for Year 1 for Wales at £9,250
Provisional for Year 1 for Northern Ireland at £9,250
Provisional for Year 1 for EU at £9,250
The university is the heart of the city and a lot of Plymouth's growth is duty to student life, there are shops and clubs catering for students which are no more then a 5 minutes walk from the university halls of residence, as well as that there are student offers everywhere.
Connect with other students interested in this course
Stay ahead of the uni application process by connecting with students who are applying to this uni. Keep up to date with who is getting interviews, when they receive offers and if they have accepted a place.