Midwives enjoy the unique privilege of a career caring for mothers, their babies and the whole family. At Worcester you will not only gain the skills and experience needed to become a confident, competent and caring midwife, you will also develop the intellectual tools to help you shape the future direction of the profession by generating new ideas and evaluating innovative ways of working.
- Successful completion of the programme leads to the dual awards of a BSc Honours degree and professional registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council
- 50/50 mix of theory and practice gives you a wide range of academic and placement opportunities
- Supportive learning environment: on placement you will be assigned a mentor, whose shift patterns you will mirror
- Our lecturers are experienced midwives who are supported by professionals from across the maternity service. Giving you access to specialist knowledge in a range of areas, including perinatal mental health, bereavement, genomics and leadership.
- Study in a dedicated skills and simulation building
**Learn more about the course at our Open Days**
Visiting us is the best way to get a feel for student life at the University of Worcester. You'll find out more about the course at our subject specific talks, and have the opportunity speak to staff, students and recent graduates about what itâs really like to study at Worcester.
Book your place at www.worcester.ac.uk/open-days
For a breakdown of the modules you'll study each year visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
For detailed information about assessment, feedback, teaching and contact time visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
Application deadline details:
I love Worcester! Everyone is so friendly and chilled out. The uni's small but growing quickly, and the small teaching groups mean you get real quality time with lecturers and they can address all of your concerns and questions. The Hive, aka the library, is full of really useful resources and I ended spending far too much time in there. Worcester has a nice little student scene, with plenty of pubs, coffee shops and places to hang out in it’s beautiful streets. You can even borrow a bike from the uni to get around!
Provisional for Year 1 for EU at £9,250
Provisional for Year 1 for England at £9,250
Provisional for Year 1 for Northern Ireland at £9,250
Provisional for Year 1 for Scotland at £9,250
Provisional for Year 1 for Wales at £9,250
Provisional for Year 1 for Channel Islands at £9,250
Provisional for Year 1 for International at £12,100
Connect with other students interested in this course
Stay ahead of the uni application process by connecting with students who are applying to this uni. Keep up to date with who is getting interviews, when they receive offers and if they have accepted a place.