• Adult dependants grant

Adult Dependants’ Grant

Students with adult dependants

If you're a full-time student with adult family members who are dependent on you, then you may be able to get extra funding called Adult Dependants' Grant.

Adult Dependants’ Grant
What's it for? Helps if you have an adult who depends on you financially. Grown-up children and partners or other adults who get student finance don't count as adult dependants.
How much can I get? The amount you can get depends on your income and the income of your dependants (including your husband, wife or partner). You can get up to £2,642 a year.
How's it paid? Usually in three instalments, one at the start of each term, direct to your bank account.
Do I have to pay it back? No, unless you've been overpaid.
How will getting this grant effect my entitlement to benefit? Any Adult Dependants’ Grant will be taken into account when your entitlement to other income-related benefits and tax credits is worked out.

For further information:
Visit the Student Finance England website for more information on the Adult Dependants' Grant
Download the Student Finance England guide to Childcare Grant and other support for full-time student parents in higher education

Try Learn together, TSR's study area

revision notes




a study planner

of discussions

How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE