• Electronics Degree

TSR Wiki > University > Choosing a Subject > University Courses > Electronics Degree



Course Structure


Academic Requirements

Upper tier Universities require BBB - A*AA, with Mathematics and a Physical Science. Middle tier require CDD - BBC with Mathematics and a Physical Science.

UCAS Form & Personal Statement

Course Structure

Life as a Electronics Student

The issue most people struggle with is the time management. You might find out points where things are very slow then suddenly picking up pace and you start to struggle. The slow periods are necessary as the foundation for the course in being laid; not getting a full understanding will create major problems in future. The course is very interesting but it not for everyone. The course is quite diverse and you will need to make important decisions. if you like the idea of logic and good with Mathematics, then this is your course.

Graduate Destinations and Career Prospects

During the time, you will get involved with a wide range of courses including Telecommunications, Hardware Programming, Software Programming, Project Management, Control Systems and Instrumentation and Analogue Electronics. This will enable you to see what area you want to go into. This will/should help choose you final year project which shows potential employers your interest in the chosen area. Depending on your skills, there are careers in Consultancy, Telecommunications, Hardware Programming (mainly Defense related roles), Software Programming, Project Management, Control Systems and Instrumentation and Analogue Electronics, Research. Big companies include IBM, Fujitsu, Capgemini, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, GSK. It is always good to find out what you are good at and interest in and that helps to direct you in what can be a very confusing job market.

See Also


  • Science Study Help Forum - get help with homework and coursework or just ask general academic questions about electronics here.
Try Learn together, TSR's study area

revision notes




a study planner

of discussions

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

The Student Room, Get Revising and The Uni Guide are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE