- Application deadline: Schemes open for applications 15th October-31st December 2013 to start the scheme in Sept 2014
- Starting salaries: £23k
- Regions: Management opportunities nationwide; otherwise Leeds
- Industries: Retail, Management
- Website: http://www.asda.co.uk/corp/home.html
- Email: N/A
- Telephone: 01132435435
Great Wilson Street
What is Asda?
Asda is one of Britain's most prominent chain retail stores. Owned by Wal-Mart, the world's largest retailer, Asda boasts almost 400 stores nationwide, and serves more than 16 million customers every week. Asda's ethos is that sustainability and affordability go hand in hand, and, having been named Britain's best value retailer for consecutive years, it certainly achieves its aims. Asda supports fair trade, organic produce, animal welfare and non-GM products, as well as mainting close working relationships with its suppliers and ensuring that at every stage it gets only the best for its customers. Asda has it's own clothing range and financial services sector, as well as supporting local schools and charities, and makes it an exciting career prospect for graduates.
What roles are available at Asda?
1. FAST-TRACK RETAIL PROGRAMME 2-year structured programme providing a launch-pad to the top in store management
2. FAST TRACK TRADING PROGRAMME 2-year structured programme in the art and science of Buying with a global retail player
3. FAST TRACK ROTATIONAL PROGRAMME Experience in several business functions across Asda will give you a broad commercial insight, a range of future options and a fast track towards senior management.
4. DIRECT ENTRY Get into a Home Office business function in Leeds, with real responsibility and development
Application process for Asda.
Apply online at http://www.asda.jobs/graduates
Entry requirements and type of person suited for Asda.
2:2 degree classification plus 300 UCAS points or equivalent
Future prospects and training at Asda.
Training schemes at Asda involve practical experience in store and techinical training off job side by side to prepare graduates for the challenging roles they will be undertaking. Asda encourages a number of extra activities to develop personal skills alongside its training programmes, and combines real life challenges with simulated business situations to test its graduates in a wide range of circumstances that could arise when you pass the training. Shadowing experienced personnel, network meetings, and master classes should fully prepare graduates for their roles with the Asda chain.
Having completed the graduate programme, one could take on a number of constantly changing roles of leadership, such as distribution or produce managers with a view to becoming store and then area manager, meaning there are plenty of promotion prospects for a dedicated graduate.
Other comments about Asda.
If you have applied to Asda, we would like you to hear from you. Please use the following form to detail your experiences of application, to aid those interested in following a similar career path.
Position applied for:
Year of Application:
What were your experiences of the application process?
What is it like working for Asda?
How has it compared to your expectations?
Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
Finally, any advice you would give to potential applicants?