- Application deadline: 2010 entry cycle remains open
- Starting salaries: Competitive
- Regions: UK & Ireland
- Industries: Finance
- Website: http://www.deloitte.com/view/en_GB/uk/index.htm
- Email: N/A
- Telephone: N/A
- Address: Various across the UK, see here to locate the one closest to you.
What is Deloitte?
'Deloitte' collaborates with a number of independent firms worldwide to offer a range of consultation, risk management, financial advice, auditry and tax services. Each firm operates geographically, to offer the most comprehensive advice and services possible whilst adhering to that country's professional regulations, whilst under the supervision of the Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu (DTT) company, which oversees, but remains independent of, Deloitte's work. With over 11,000 people in the UK and Switzerland, Deloitte has the aim to be the most trusted and recognisable business advice organisation, whilst continually evolving itself to satisfy its customer's needs, making it an excellent opportunity for graduates looking to push themselves to achieve.
What roles are available at Deloitte?
- Enterprise Risk and Services
- Security & Privacy
- Project Risk
- Internal Audit & Risk management
- Financial Services Advisory practice
- Entrepeneurial Business team
- Corporate Tax
- Indirect Tax Consulting
- Global Employer Services
- Tax management Consultancy
- Private Client Services
- Transfer Pricing
- Tax Depreciation
- Actuarial - Total Rewards and Benefits
- Actuarial and Insurance Solutions
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Finance Advisory
- Reorganisation Services
- Private Equity Transaction Services
- Transaction Services/Regional Transaction Services
Application process for Deloitte.
Online applications are followed by any number of the following methods of assessment: telephone screening; online testing, face-to-face interviews. The end of the process would see applicants take part in a final assessment day.
Entry requirements and type of person suited for Deloitte.
On top of academic excellence, Deloitte singles out those applicants with the drive and motivation to really excel in a competetive field. Academically, they require:
- Grade B or above in GCSE maths and A*-C in GCSE English Language (or equivalent qualification) - gained in a first sitting.
- Between 300-320 UCAS points from 3 subjects, excluding general studies - gained from a first sitting. Scottish highers 5th year results are considered as equivalents.
- A minimum of a 2:1 degree classification from any discipline: however, Actuarial and Actuarial and Insurance Solutions both require a mathematical background.
Potential applicants who do not meet these criteria may still apply through the "mitigating circumstances" option, but all claims must be backed up by a letter from a head teacher or university tutor.
Future prospects and training at Deloitte.
Deloitte's varied training methods and understanding approach offers graduates the depth of knowledge necessary to forge a successful career whilst allowing the freedom and time to get to grips with the work, and to carry out and professional qualifications required. Deloitte will fully fund all professional studies necessary during graduates' time with the company. Internal training programmes and mentoring schemes supply graduates with the organisational, leadership and team work skills required to become an invaluable member of the team.
Other comments about Deloitte.
Deloitte is an official partner of the London 2012 games, and is committed to investing in further education institutions around the country, making it a stand out company in its industry.
Advice & Insider's Tips
Sarah Shillingford, Graduate Recruitment Parter, Deloitte, shares her views, her advice, her experiences, and her comments on the current state of graduate recruitment. To read the full article -http://content.yudu.com/A1e9jp/HPD2009/resources/38.htm
If you have applied to Deloitte, we would like you to hear from you. Please use the following form to detail your experiences of application, to aid those interested in following a similar career path.
Position applied for:
Year of Application:
What were your experiences of the application process?
What is it like working for Deloitte?
How has it compared to your expectations?
Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
Finally, any advice you would give to potential applicants?