- Application deadline: Cycle closed
- Starting salaries: £25k +
- Regions: Across England
- Industries: Engineering, Technology
- Website: http://www.npower.com/web/At_home/index.htm
- Email: N/A
- Telephone: N/A
- Address: N/A
What is npower?
A part of the RWE, one of Europe's largest utility groups, npower provides gas, electricity and related services to both homes and businesses across the UK. npower is also committed to developing greener energy sources and is a leader in the search for renewable power supplies, proving the company takes its environment responsibility very seriously. Despite only being created in 1999, npower has grown considerably to the high profile position it holds today, serving 6.8 million customers.
What roles are available at npower?
Engineering, Financial, Risk Assessment and Management roles.
Application process for npower.
Apply online via npower's application pages.
Entry requirements and type of person suited for npower.
- Engineering - Graduates require a minimum of a 2:2 in an engineering, metallurgy or science discipline. Graduates will need to be able to plan and organise effectively and work well within a team.
- Finance - A 2:1 degree or better in any discipline, coupled with good numeracy and analytical skills, as well as commercial awareness is required.
- Business Analysis - A 2:1 or above/2:2 and postgraduate qualification in a numerate/analytical degree is required for the Business Analysis scheme. Applicants must have good attention to detail, and be able to handle complex and strategic issues.
- General Business Management - A 2:1 or above/2:2 and postgraduate qualification in any discipline is necessary for this scheme. Applicants must also have clear leadership qualities and commercial instincts.
- Quantitative Risk - Applicants with a post-graduate degree in a relevant quantitative discipline, such as Quantitative Finance, Financial Engineering or Energy Markets and who have high levels of numeracy and excellent problem solving skills are encouraged to apply for this scheme.
- For all schemes, npower seeks graduates who will bring enthusiasm, commitment, ambition, and strong analytic and problem–solving skills to their work.
Future prospects and training at npower.
Mentoring by exixsting staff is coupled with on the job training to ensure graduates develop the necessary technical skills for the role they will be performing when they complete their training. Development programmes and courses run alongside on the job training to develop graduates personal skills. When training is complete graduates will be ready to maintain npower's high standards in their chosen field.
Other comments about npower.
If you have applied to npower, we would like you to hear from you. Please use the following form to detail your experiences of application, to aid those interested in following a similar career path.
Position applied for:
Year of Application:
What were your experiences of the application process?
What is it like working for npower?
How has it compared to your expectations?
Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
Finally, any advice you would give to potential applicants?