What are the strengths and weaknesses of The Disability Discrimination Act 1995 ? ? ? =(
So far I've only thought of:
- ) This act allows the individuals to know the process of what they should do when they have been discriminated due to their disability (Redress); so it
guides them with the procedure to take.
- ) It prevents prejudice that can lead to discrimination.
- ) Individuals would feel safe and secure.
- ( Does not change the behaviours and attitudes of those discriminating.
- ( Does not apply to prison officers, fire fighters, police officers, aircraft, and hovercraft categories.
Yeah...I kinda need more ? And I really can't think of anymore >.< Help?