1. The following sets out the terms and conditions that apply to the competition and set out the rules of the competition.
2. BMW (UK) Limited (“BMW”) AND George P Johnson (UK) Limited (“GPJ”) (together “We” or ”Us”) each reserve the right to modify the promotion and competition at any time without prior notice.
3. Details of how to enter form part of the terms and conditions together with the Ambassador Packs and Hire Car Terms and Conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor (“You”) agrees to abide by these rules. Therefore, by entering the competition You agree to abide by these rules.
4. By entering the competition, You hereby warrant that all information submitted by You is true, accurate, current and complete. We reserve the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants and You agree to provide Us with such further information as We may request about You in connection with the competition.
5. We reserve the right to terminate this agreement at any time and for whatever reason, including for any breach of this agreement. On termination of this agreement for any reason the MINI Mission Ambassador, as selected in accordance with these terms and conditions, must immediately cease to use the MINI car and return it in accordance with the terms set out in the Ambassador Packs.
6. The model and specification of the MINI will be decided by BMW. There will be no negotiation on the model and specification of MINI the MINI Mission Ambassador or overall winner will receive.
7. You have the right to terminate this agreement at any time and for whatever reason and You will be subject to the termination provisions set out in clause 5.
8. By entering into the competition, You agree to adhere to the Hire Car Terms and Conditions and the terms set out in the Ambassador Packs, which will be provided to You by Us.
9. This competition is open to all students studying a full time course at universities in the United Kingdom aged 21 years or over at the date of entering the competition, except employees of GPJ, or BMW and their families, associated companies, agents or anyone else professionally associated with the competition.
10. To enter each applicant must have a full British driving licence, which they have held for over one year at the date of entering the competition.
11. Entries must be submitted via The Student Room website at www.thestudentroom.co.uk and entry is restricted to one application per person. Late, illegible, ineligible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries, or entries sent through agencies and third parties, will not be accepted. No responsibility will be accepted for lost entries and proof of dispatch will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Bulk entries will not be accepted.
12. All entries must be received by midnight on 15th November 2012.
13. GPJ will not accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to applications, or applications lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or any other causes.
14. The winners who have been selected to become MINI Mission Ambassadors will be contacted by telephone or email within 4 days of the closing date of the competition specified at clause 12 and must confirm acceptance of the prize within 1 day of such notification.
15. The overall winner selected in accordance with the provisions of clause 17 will be contacted by telephone or email within 14 days of the end of the 9 week period which the MINI Mission Ambassadors will have the use of a MINI. The overall winner must confirm acceptance of the prize within 1 day of such notification.
16. Should We be unable to contact a winner in accordance with clauses 13 and 14, or should a winner be unable to confirm their acceptance of the prize, We reserve the right to award the prize to an alternative winner.
17. After the closing date set out in clause 11, GPJ will shortlist the applicants down to 25, chosen at its sole discretion, based on the information provided and answers given on the applicant’s online application form and video Vox pop. This shortlist of applicants will then be passed on to BMW.
18. BMW, at its sole discretion, will select 14 university students from the shortlist of applicants to become MINI Mission Ambassadors and such decision of BMW is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The MINI Mission Ambassadors will then have the use of a MINI for a 9 week period during which they will be required to complete a number of challenges. At the end of the 9 week period BMW, at its sole discretion, will, based on the successful completion of the challenges, select an overall winner who will be awarded the use of a MINI for a year from the date they are selected as the overall winner.
19. Each MINI loaned to a MINI Mission Ambassador will include insurance (subject to an insurance excess), breakdown cover and a fuel allowance. Insurance does not cover personal belongings.
20. The MINI loaned to the overall winner will include insurance (subject to an insurance excess) and breakdown cover but will exclude a fuel allowance. Insurance does not cover personal belongings.
21. The MINI may only be used for private use including the challenges but excluding commuting and travelling sales and not for any form of racing; the winner and other drivers are responsible for any fines, congestion or other charges arising from the use of the MINI and for any damage (as outlined in the Hire Car Terms and Conditions). No smoking is permitted in the MINI. The MINI can only be used for journeys within mainland United Kingdom.
22. BMW has the right to refuse permission to drive the MINI if driving offences/disqualifications have occurred or if BMW considers the driver unfit to drive the MINI.
23. The MINI or any other merchandise provided as part of this competition must not be used for any other marketing or advertising campaign without GPJ’s, or BMW’s prior written consent.
24. The prizes have no cash value, are personal to the winners and cannot be transferred to another party or exchanged for cash.
25. If We cannot provide You with a MINI We will use reasonable endeavours to provide You with an alternative vehicle.
26. Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of GPJ or BMW and accordingly GPJ or BMW may at their absolute discretion vary or amend this promotion and You agree that no liability shall attach to Us as a result thereof.
27. The MINI Mission Ambassadors may be required to participate in publicity and will comply with the reasonable instructions of GPJ or BMW in this regard. Participation in publicity will be without financial entitlement.
28. In order to process the online application form and to ensure that We can provide You with the prize We will need to use the information You provide. GPJ will initially hold any data You provide in an application for the purposes of shortlisting the MINI Mission Ambassadors. By providing your data You consent to GPJ processing your data in this way and to the transfer of such data to BMW. Such data will be held by BMW and their group companies and dealt with in accordance with their data privacy rules which can be obtained from WWW.MINI.CO.UK. You are entitled to a copy of your information held by Us. If You would like to see this please contact GPJ during normal working hours. We make a small charge (£10) for providing this to You.
29. BMW would like to keep You informed of their latest vehicles and other products and services that may be of interest, and they may occasionally ask for your assistance in market research to help improve their services to customers. If you’d prefer NOT to receive this information, please feel free to call MINI on Freephone 0800 561 0666 or write to: MINI customer Information Centre, selectapost 51, Sheffield, S97 3GB.
30. GPJ is responsible for the first part of the competition, which is the shortlisting of the MINI Mission Ambassadors, the publication of the MINI Mission Ambassadors Packs and setting the challenges. All other matters connected with the provision of the prize are the responsibility of BMW.
31. GPJ cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the competition as a result of accepting any prize.
32. We cannot accept any responsibility for any effect entering into this competition has on your studies. You agree that the application and, if selected as a MINI Mission Ambassador, the challenges will require You to spend time completing them. You should only enter this competition if You consider the time spent competing will not affect your university studies.
33. We do not, unless We agree this with You, claim any rights of ownership in your application or video Vox pop. As such, You retain all intellectual property rights, although We will be able to use your application and video Vox pop in accordance with these terms and conditions. You will also have the right to use your application and video Vox pop in any way You choose provided this does not cause any damage to Us.
In consideration of GPJ and BMW agreeing to consider You as an applicant for the competition, You agree that We (and third parties authorised by Us) may make any and all applications and/or video Vox pops available in any publications and on our websites and in any other media, whether now known or invented in the future and You also waive all moral rights You have in the video Vox pop and/or application. By entering the competition You grant Us (and third parties authorised by Us) a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, make derivative works from, edit, alter, store, re-format, sell and sub-licence the application and video Vox pop for such purposes.
We do not guarantee to use or otherwise make available any application or video Vox pop. We may, in appropriate circumstances reject, edit, remove or disable access to applications and video Vox pops that appear to be legally or otherwise problematic e.g. infringe the copyright or other intellectual property or privacy rights of others, are defamatory etc. or for any other reason at our absolute discretion.
34. Your application, video Vox pop and any information submitted by You must be personal to and relate specifically to You in accordance with the online application instructions. You hereby warrant that your application and all information which You submit and/or distribute will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party in any part of the world, and will not contain anything which is libelous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. You hereby warrant that You have obtained the consent of any third parties used in the creation of the video Vox pop. If relevant, We reserve the right, but not the obligation, to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by You and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same in accordance with clause 33.
35. You shall indemnify Us against all liabilities, costs, expenses, damages and losses (including but not limited to any direct, indirect or consequential losses, loss of profit, loss of reputation and all interest, penalties and legal costs (calculated on a full indemnity basis) and all other reasonable professional costs and expenses) suffered or incurred by Us arising out of or in connection with a breach of your obligations in the agreement.
36. This agreement and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England.
The parties irrevocably agree that the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this agreement or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
BMW (UK) LIMITED a company incorporated in England under number 01378137 whose registered office is at Ellesfield Avenue, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 8TA (“BMW”)
George P Johnson a company incorporated in England under number 2199101 whose registered office is at Picton House, 52 High Street, Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, KT1 1HN (“Supplier“)