Archaeology degree personal statement example (1a)

I have decided to choose Archaeology as my university course as I find the subject extremely interesting and I enjoy studying History a great deal. I currently am studying History at AS level along with AS level Art, A level Biology and A level English

Last year I did not enjoy AS Psychology and I decided to drop the subject and pick up two AS levels in which I had a greater interest

This year I am far happier with my subjects and it has led me to become more focused and determined to produce work that is to the best of my ability. I am certainly interested in Archaeology as a career and I find the prospect exciting however, if this was not to come about, the skills that I will obtain from taking the course, will definitely improve my chances of attaining a job in a related field or perhaps in an unrelated career but for which the skills will suit

I currently work as a Function Steward at Liverpool Football Club. In this job I have to work under considerable pressure, as customers must be served quickly and efficiently. It has also improved my personal and communication skills considerably. Work Experience and past jobs have only consolidated these skills. In the past I have worked as a Shop Assistant and for Work Experience I have worked at a solicitors and in an office for an industrial metal company

My interest in History and Science has led to my enthusiasm in Archaeology as a subject, I read newspaper articles and books that are related to Archaeology and Ancient History whenever possible. I enjoy reading books about Egypt and the Pyramids and I intend to read an interesting book of theories about the Holy Grail in the near future

I collect music, mostly Blues and 70's Rock music

At weekends I enjoy to socialise with friends or when possible go to a concert. I spend a lot of time producing artwork for my AS level as I find it a relaxing and enjoyable experience. I feel that I am well suited to taking Archaeology at University because of my interest for the subject and I feel I can meet the courses demands as I am used to working under pressure and meeting deadlines.