Biomedical engineering degree personal statement example (1a)

"How", I believe this is engineering's key word for an engineer's ultimate goal is to fully comprehend every detail of life's components, and therefore have more control over it and exploit it in order to raise life standards. This intense urge for understanding has lured me into the world of engineering.

Engineering has always fascinated me mainly because it applies logic through principles of math and physics to resolve real –life inconveniences by analysing the reasons ,designing the solution in terms of what is needed and the most efficient ,eco-friendly, and economic way of producing it, implementing that design and experimenting it ,thus making everyday life more convenient to humankind.

Through all branches of engineering, biomedical was the most appealing to me as it combines biology, physics, and math which I have enjoyed the most during school.Since it 's relatively a new branch of engineering, it's rapidly progressing which brings about an amazing challenge to the human mind that I would love to participate in. In addition, studying biomedical engineering opens doors of opportunities that are all dedicated to improving the medical field either by creating solutions to problems that have been aching the human race for a period of time such as artificial organs and limbs, or by facilitating the work involved in this field as clearly demonstrated by sensors and diagnostic devices, or by studying the physics component of the human body like biomechanics, neurotechnology and so on.

To further extend my knowledge of biomedical engineering, I watched course-related lectures on MIT's open course ware (OCW) which, in addition to being very informative, have assured me that I have chosen the right course and made me more excited to study biomedical engineering. Furthermore, I have read several articles concerning biomedical engineering issues such as synthetic biology and implants which have given me an idea of possible career paths and the type of work involved in each.

My A-levels were more than study material to me, because I was able to develop various skills through them. Physics improved my imagination and ability to apply physics principles to real-life situations. Biology introduced me to the cause-effect concept. Math enhanced my ways of approaching problems and being creative in finding solutions. Chemistry, although as an AS level taught me to analyse logically with multiple factors in mind. And I believe that these skills are useful in long term.

I believe that having interests and activities outside academia is what makes everyday-life delightful. For me this included playing soccer with a local club. Besides being a great physical activity I considered it an opportunity to prove to myself that I am capable of anything I set my mind to, and it has enriched many qualities in me such as being part of a team, following instructions, cooperating with others, and most importantly hard work .Through these qualities I was able to develop my playing skills, and I believe that these skills are essential for subjects that involve practical work. I also have an interest in environmental-issues and have taken several simple actions as a commitment to saving earth resources such as saving electricity and water whenever possible. In addition, I have represented my school in several environment-orientated activities which raised my awareness about global issues concerning every individual and enhanced my sense of responsibility.

Becoming an engineer is a dream I aspired to fulfil since childhood. After my graduation I wish to continue further with my studies to a higher degree, specialising in the field of synthetic biology. I believe that the more you are passionate about something the greater you would be at it. This is why I fully trust that I can contribute to this area, and studying biomedical engineering at university will pave the way for me and put me on the right track to achieve my potential.

• Oxford (Biomedical Engineering) - Rejection ,Shortlisted for interview
  • Imperial College London (Biomedical Engineering) - Offer(A*AA) Firm
  • Sheffield (Biomedical Engineering) - Offer (AAB) Insurance
  • Surrey (Biomedical Engineering) - Offer (AAB)

• Math (A2) - Grade A*
  • Physics(A2) - Grade A*
  • Biology(A2) - Grade A*
  • Chemistry (AS) - Grade a