Personal Statement - English, French and German

English, French and German Personal Statement

I have always taken a keen interest in English and love both the analytical and written aspects of the subject. I read widely, from poetry to contemporary fiction and books on certain aspects of European history. I also enjoy writing and in the future I hope to pursue a career in journalism

Where French and German are concerned, I love both speaking the languages and studying the culture of the two countries. I have taken the opportunity to participate in three exchange visits. During one I spent four days working in a French Town Hall where I was required to process housing benefit information in French. This was perhaps the biggest challenge I have me

I am hoping to take part in the ERASMUS programme during my degree course

My other main interest is art and design. I love painting, both still life and abstract. During a recent trip to Paris I was able to visit the Louvre and the Picasso Museum

I voluntarily assist in a local primary school, working with small groups of children to complete various tasks which include arts and crafts, playing games and reading skills

I have also had work experience in the legal department of a large company. This gave me the invaluable experience of working within a team