- 150g self raising flour
- 150g sugar
- 130g butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 large banana, or 2 small ones
- half tsp baking powder
- few drops vanilla essence
1. Beat the eggs, sugar, vanilla, and butter together in a bowl. Use an electric wisk if you like.
2. Sieve in the flour and baking powder.
3. Mash the bananas with a fork and add to the other ingredients.
4. Spoon into tin.
5. Cook in oven 180°C/gas mark 4 for around 30-40mins until toothpic/knife comes out clean.
Mash the banana LIKE MAD or you'll get horrid, soggy lumpy bits in the cake. For banana bread, use one egg, half the butter and cook for an extra 10mins.