TSR Wiki > Life > Food and Drink > TSR Recipe Book > Recipe - Bolognese
- mince for two or three people
- an onion
- a small carrot
- two large cans of chopped tomatoes (I recommend Neapolitina, they're tasty, and often on special offer. Supermarket own brand are tasteless)
- herbs (I use some mixed herbs, extra basil, and garlic puree.)
- You may need lots of tomato puree if your tomatoes weren't up to par
- Fry up the mince and onions
- Add carrot and most of the chopped tomatoes. Retain a handful of the chopped tomatoes (but none of the juice)
- Leave to simmer for a couple of hours till it's reduced to the right consistency
- Add herbs and the rest of the tomatoes
- Serve with pasta!
© Copyright The Student Room 2016 all rights reserved
The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.
Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE