This recipe will make 6-8 large chocolate brownies, quantities can be changed to make more/less brownies and things like white chocolate chunks can also be added in.
- 170g 70/85% dark chocolate (the darker the better)
- 170g butter
- 125g flour
- 300g sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Chopped nuts (walnuts taste the best) [optional]
- Preheat oven to 160 C/325 F/Gas mark 3.
- Butter a baking tray (preferably 9x3 inch but variable, depending on how thick you want the brownies).
- Place a glass bowl above a pan of boiling water (not in the water or it will burn). Break the chocolate into as small pieces as possible and place it in the bowl with the butter, stirring to help it melt.
- Place the sugar in with the chocolate and once mixed turn off the heat.
- Beat the egg and vanilla extract together.
- Mix egg with the chocolate, make sure it's mixed properly (the egg will try to stay apart)
- Add the flour into the mixture
- Pour the batter into the container you've previously greased. Sprinkle any nuts or anything you've decided to use on top.
- Cook for 35 minutes. The brownies will be done when you can put a knife/toothpick in it and brownie crumbs come up with no batter.
This recipe was doubled up and used at the TSR cookery meet on 9/04/08 at scarlet ibis' house and was greatly enjoyed by her, paperclip, musicbloke, Jangrafess, Socrates et al.
This recipe = all sorts of win of epic proportions
Hope you enjoy the brownies!