- 1kg quark (quite hard to get at in the UK, I must admit) (Available in larger Tesco stores, if you're having problems finding it)
- 125g butter
- 325g sugar
- 3 eggs
- One tbl/s baking powder (where I live, you can get wee satchets of these)
- One tbl/s vanilla sugar (ditto)
- One satchet vanilla pudding powder
- 2 tbl/s semolina
- One lemon, grated, and it's juice
Basically, you add each ingredient bit by bit and use an electric mixer to mix it all up in one big bowl.
Pour into a (round) baking tin (about 20" diameter) and bake on Gas Mark 4 for around 90 mins.
Mixture will raise a lot, and then when you take it out to cool, collapse into itself - that's normal.
Oh, and don't worry if it's still very wobbly in the middle, it's supposed to be like that, it'll solidify and create a very moist cake... delicious.