This is dead easy to make! And so yummy! Serves 1 but you can double the recipe for 2 if you prefer.
For the flatbread
- 3tbsp plain flour + extra for dusting
- 1-2tbsp water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Optional but makes the flatbread more interesting- 1 tsp basil and 1 tsp coriander
For the topping
- The original recipe suggests tomatoes, but I use a tbsp red pesto on mine, tomato puree would also work pretty well.
- Grated cheese
- Anything else you wanna put on it!
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
2. Place the flour, seasoning to taste, oil and the water into a bowl. Mix well to bind, then place onto a lightly dusted surface to roll out, to form a 20cm/8in circle.
3. Place the flatbread into a frying pan over a high heat for 1-2 minutes, before removing from the hob and placing onto a baking sheet.
4. Add your topping and put in the hot oven for 4-5 mins until the cheese has melted.