Recipe - Leek and potato soup
TSR Wiki > Life > Food and Drink > TSR Recipe Book > Recipe - Leek and potato soup
- 1 leek
- 225g potatoes
- 300ml chicken stock
- 300ml milk
- butter or margarine
- herbs for seasoning
- Melt the butter/margarine in a large pan
- Add the leeks, and cook over a low heat for 2-3 minutes
- Whilst the leeks are cooking, make chicken stock. I made my own from a real chicken the night before, but I guess you could cheat and use stock cubes
- Add the chicken stock to the pan
- Allow to simmer whilst grating the potatoes.
- Add grated potatoes to pan, and stir
- Add milk and seasoning
- Continue to simmer for 20-25 mins.
- Serve into bowls, and eat with crusty bread
© Copyright The Student Room 2016 all rights reserved
The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.
Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE