It's really easy to make, cheap and nice too!
- Sponge flour 175g
- Soft Margerine 115g
- Caster Sugar 115g
- Two Large Eggs (beaten)
- 2 Tablespoons Marmalade
- Preheat oven to gas mark 4
- Cream margerine and sugar together until light and fluffy
- Add the beaten egg and mix well
- Sift in the sponge flour (if you don't have sponge flour use self raising and add 1tsp baking powder) and mix well
- Add the marmalade and mix well (you can add more if you want it stickier, or add some chocolate chips, fruit, jam or anything else that takes your fancy instead if you like)
- Spoon the mixture into a greased loaf tin (if you put a strip of greaseproof paper in the bottom of the tin so it pokes up the sides it is easier to remove the cake at the end)
- Put it in the preheated oven for about 40-45 minutes
- Stick a skewer in. If it comes out of the cake dry, its done.
- Enjoy! Its nice sliced and spread with a little marmalade, or you can microwave it and have it hot with custard, cream, ice cream etc...
- Being Welsh, I like it sliced and buttered. --iMacThere4iAm