Strawberry Cream Cake
- 3 cups All Purpose Flour (750ml)
- 1 tbsp baking powder (15ml)
- 1 tsp baking soda (5ml)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2ml)
- 1/2 cup each butter and (125ml)
- shortening, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar (375ml)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp grated orange rind (15ml)
- 2 cups pureed unsweetened (500ml) strawberries, (fresh or thawed)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (125ml)
Whipped Cream Topping
- 2 cups whipping cream(35%) (500ml)
- 1/4 cup icing sugar (50ml)
- 1 tsp vanilla (5ml)
- Fresh strawberries for garnish
In the bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
In a separate bowl and using electric mixer, beat the butter, shortening and sugar until fluffy.
Beat in the eggs one at a time. Add the orange rind. Fold in strawberries and yogurt.
Gradually pour the flour mixture into creamed mixture until well combined.
Spoon butter into greased 9-in (3L) tube pan. Bake in 180C (350F) oven for 60-70 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Let it stand in the pan on wire rack until completely cool.
Whip the cream, gradually beating in icing sugar and vanilla.
Cover the cake with frosting.
Spread over the top of the cake or individual servings.
If desired, garnish with strawberries.