- 250g mascarpone
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp Marsala, brandy or Tia Maria
- 150ml strong coffee or espresso, cooled to room temperature
- 150ml single cream
- 4 tbsp icing sugar
- 16 sponge fingers (savoiardi)
- Frozen bar of 70% of chocolate bar
- Cocoa powder, to dust
1. Whisk the mascarpone with the vanilla and Marsala and 50ml coffee, until everything is thoroughly mixed together. Whisk the cream with the icing sugar until smooth, then fold in the mascarpone mix
2. Pour the remaining coffee into a bowl (sweeten with more icing sugar if you like). Take one sponge finger at a time and dip it in to the coffee. Set it to one side and continue with the remaining biscuits
3. Line 4 serving glasses with 4 sponge fingers, breaking them in half if you need to. Spoon the mascarpone mix in until you reach the top of the glass. Refrigerate for 20 minutes to allow the flavours to infuse.
4. Remove the tiramisu from the fridge. Take the frozen chocolate bar and grate a little chocolate over the top of each Tiramisu. Finally, dust with sifted cocoa powder to serve.
And voila. You have your tiramisu. Although you can pretty much add anything over the top if you want. Toffee sauce is nice to put over [not too much] and a mix of grated milk and white chocolate instead of cocoa powder I find is better.