To serve 1/2
1 cup of couscous
- 1 vegetarian stock cube
- 1 tin chickpeas
- 1 large red onion, roughly sliced
- 1 small aubergine, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, chopped, seeds removed
- Half cup raisins, pre-soaked in sugared water
1. Shallow fry, grill or oven roast onion, aubergine and tomato until thoroughly cooked and slightly charred.
2. Mix a stock cube into boiling water in a pan. Cook cous cous with stock as per pack instructions.
3. Once couscous is cooked, stir in drained tin of chickpeas, and raisins.
4. Tear up cooked vegetables, and stir in.
5. Add salt if necessary (the couscous should be slightly salty from the stock).
Stir in a tablespoon of Patak's Lime Pickle or Mango Chutney for extra flavour.