Tomato, mozzarella and pesto bruschetta
- fresh tomatoes - chopped up quite small
- 1/2 an onion - chopped
- mozzarella cheese - chopped
- around 3-4 tbsps of green basil pesto (depending on how much tomato and mozzarella is used - just need to well coat the other ingredients)
- fresh French baguette
- oil for cooking
- Take the onions and tomatoes and light sauté in the oil - don't brown, just cook
- While this is cooking, slice the baguette into discs and v.lightly toast in an oven
- When the onions and tomatoes are soft, add the mozzarella cheese and the pesto - and take off the heat
- Spoon mixture onto the lightly toasted baguette discs and place back into a hot oven (about 200degs for a fan assisted oven) for around 10minutes or until the mozzarella is melted!
Great recipe, i have a bruschetta reipe to share - enjoy! There's lots of other easy, affordable recipes on my blog as well.