Did you know that there are many methods of contraception available to you? Don’t worry if you didn’t - an overwhelming 92% of us are unaware of the range of options available. Different methods suit different people - there is no one-size-fits-all with contraception. That’s why it’s important to explore the best option for you with your nurse or GP. There is a contraceptive out there to suit your lifestyle. So, for example, if you keep forgetting to take the pill, you may want to find a method that doesn’t rely on your memory. Here’s a run-down of some of the methods that might suit you better.
Your chosen contraception protects you against pregnancy, but don’t forget, using condoms and contraception together is the only way to protect yourself and your partner against both unintended pregnancy and STIs.
If, after reading this article you have further questions, then please ask in the sexual health forum or speak to your nurse or GP. For further information on contraception see the FPA contraception guide .
- Contraception - anything and almost everything!
- The Contraceptive Implant
- Having a Coil Fitted
- Coming Off Contraception
Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases - information
- Oral Sex Precautions
- Smear Tests
- Tight Foreskin
- What to expect at the GUM clinic
Get More Help
- Useful Links and Phone Numbers
- Health and Relationships Forum - just want to talk about sexual health problems? Use the H&R forum to chat with others. Use the anonymous posting feature if you want to hide your identity from site members. Remember TSR is not a substitute for seeking help from a trained professional.
Visit the Sexual Health Forum
|Latest Sexual Health Discussions||Last post/replies|
|am I to tight?||52 minutes ago Replies: 0|
|Are you still a virgin?||3 hours ago Replies: 90|
|Micronor discontinued?!?||7 hours ago Replies: 43|
|Micronor mini pill||8 hours ago Replies: 0|
|Micronor mini-pill||8 hours ago Replies: 0|
|Go to Sexual health forum Post new thread|