If you've come here you probably want help searching TSR Wiki.
Basic Wiki Search
The basic search is easy. Simply type your term or terms in the search box, ensure 'search wiki' is selected from the drop down menu, then click search. Your results will be shown on a new search page. At the top of the page the first 20 article titles matching your search terms will displayed. Below that the first 20 article content matched will be displayed. There are options to view the next 20 results in each section. You can also view 50, 100, 250 or 500 results for each section on one page.
These results are from the default settings and will search the main section of articles, the categories, the revision notes and the personal statements section.
Normally you will not need to do anything else other than use these default settings.
Advanced Wiki Search
You might want to do more than the basic search. For example
- you might not want to search in revision notes at all
- you might only want to search the personal statements
- you might want to search one of the non-default areas, such as the wiki template (don't worry if you don't know what the wiki templates are - if you don't know what they are in the first place you'd never have the need to search them!)
This is still really easy. First search for your term like with a basic search. Then scroll down to the bottom of the search results. You will see lots of little boxes below a title which says 'Search in namespaces'. The namespaces are just different section of the wiki.
To carry out the advanced search simply make sure the tick boxes for the areas you want to search are filled in while the ones you don't want to search are empty. You'll notice there are 'talk' areas too - these are to search the old talk or discussion pages associated with each article on the wiki. We no longer use these pages, though they still technically exist.
These are the main namespace boxes you might want to search:
- Main - contains the majority of articles
- Revision Notes - contains the revision note articles
- Personal Statements - contains all the personals statements
- Images - lets you search the images
- Category - let's you search the categories
Less content is available in the 'Template' and 'TSR Wiki' areas - these usually won't need searching. The 'Media Wiki' area is generally an admin area so won't need searching while the 'User' area is like the 'talk' areas and is no longer in use.
Hope that makes sense for you. Any trouble with a search or if you want anything more explaining, please come to the About Wiki forum.