The aim of university might be to further your education, but that doesn't stop you having a good time along side your studies. Whether you want to get involved in societies, Student Union politics or simply enjoy a great night out there will be something for you. Here we take a look at some of the things on offer.
Cities and Nightlife
- City and Nightlife Guides - read all about the city and nightlife around your university. If your uni does have it's own article, check out the main university guides - many will have nightlife section.
Activities and Societies
- University Societies - read all about societies, how to join them and their elected positions.
- British Universities Sport Association
- University Challenge - maybe you fancy trying to represent your university on TV.
- Debating Societies - many universities have a debating soc.
- The Duke of Edinburgh Award
Student's Union, the NUS and Student Groups
- Student Union - read about the Student Union at some universities - a place to have some fun, or perhaps a little debate...
- National Union of Students - the NUS (supposedly) is the voice of students everywhere in the UK.
- NUS Extra Card
- NUS Associate Card
- Coalition of Higher Education Students in Scotland
- Aldwych Group - The Student Unions of the Russell Group Universities.
- ERASMUS - the scheme for students study abroad at other EU universities for a year.