Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My hair is naturally golden blonde but I look better with reddy brown hair. Why?

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014

And not just prettier, but I look kinder, and more wholesome and interesting. And not just from looking at my hair but the way my face looks. It makes no sense. Also, I have looked at skin tones- I'm a spring which means golden blonde should be fine, but it just makes me look plain and dull. Whyy??

Anon please as this is vain.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    OMG....im going through the same problem in my head...

my body is naturally skinny....but i look much better with muscles...why???? it makes no sense....
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    just the way of the world
    their isnt much reason for it tbh if you prefer it keep it
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have dirty blonde hair, not mad keen on it tbh - it's drab and when you have M.E. the last thing you need is extra drabness! Never got round to dying it tho, although I've thought about it..

(Original post by Foo.mp3)
    I have dirty blonde hair, not mad keen on it tbh - it's drab and when you have M.E. the last thing you need is extra drabness! Never got round to dying it tho, although I've thought about it..
    If you've never dyed it, you should try it out for that alone.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Be natural, someday someone will like you for what you are really.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    My hair is light brown, but I dye it mahogany because it looks better. It's just one of those things, no need to over analyse it.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Some people look better with another hair colour than their natural hair colour.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    If you've never dyed it, you should try it out for that alone.
    Hmm, maybe. Whenever I've ever suggested it girls have been like "why would you want to do that!?".. so I dunno. It can look redish blonde at times, which some chicks seem to like :rolleyes:

Are you aware of having had more/less interest as a blonde, or folks taking you more seriously since you dyed it?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Hmm, maybe. Whenever I've ever suggested it girls have been like "why would you want to do that!?".. so I dunno. It can look redish blonde at times, which some chicks seem to like :rolleyes:

Are you aware of having had more/less interest as a blonde, or folks taking you more seriously since you dyed it?
    I see no problem with guys dying their hair; actually, I see it quite weird that there's even a possibility of it being a problem (Patrick Wolf avatar as case in point). And mine is the same, can be kind of reddish blonde. But have dyed it now to dark

With interest, hmm, I've had pretty much the same level with both colours. But then I seem to get a lot more looks from people in general when it's darker- as in not just people I'm talking to. But in the past I've been told that I'm a lot funnier (wittier) and more interesting with dark hair... So I suppose that is people taking me more seriously.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oh wow)
    I see no problem with guys dying their hair; actually, I see it quite weird that there's even a possibility of it being a problem (Patrick Wolf avatar as case in point)
    Not a problem as such, more that they don't think there's any need..

And mine is the same, can be kind of reddish blonde. But have dyed it now to dark
    How dark? I thought about it recently and realised that all but two of the girls I've hooked up with over the years have been non-blondes! (mostly dark brunettes)

I've had pretty much the same level with both colours. But then I seem to get a lot more looks from people in general when it's darker - as in not just people I'm talking to
    See I think a lot of girls buy into the reverse, it's not just the 'blondes have more fun', it's also that blonde girls 'get noticed' - and I think in bars/clubs this may be true.. although there's so many of them (real + fake) these days that presumably this is no longer such a strong theme as we become desensitised and less susceptible to the 'novelty' factor

in the past I've been told that I'm a lot funnier (wittier) and more interesting with dark hair... So I suppose that is people taking me more seriously.
    Aye, I've heard a number of blonde girls grumble that people assume they're air heads etc (and most of the time they've had reason to grumble)

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: February 27, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered hair care and hairstyles threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.