The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Admission inquiries

Hi
Good evening
Please what are the questions usually asked during nursing interview(faculty) for Robert Gordon University ABERDEEN
Reply 1
Not sure if they are University specific, but I reckon some of these questions below or similar could pop up. They're basically wanting to make sure that they are getting the right people for the course.

What is your career ambitions if you were to qualify from University with a Nursing Degree.
How do you think you'll handle the stress of the job.
What makes you the best candidate for this course?
What experience do you have in a caring environment.

You just need to try and set yourself aside from everyone else they will have interviewed that day, make it memorable for them... even if that is adding a little touch of soft humour into the conversation too.
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Reply 2
Original post by .Mark
Not sure if they are University specific, but I reckon some of these questions below or similar could pop up. They're basically wanting to make sure that they are getting the right people for the course.

What is your career ambitions if you were to qualify from University with a Nursing Degree.

You just need to try and set yourself aside from everyone else they will have interviewed that day, make it memorable for them... even if that is adding a little touch of soft humour into the conversation too.

Alright thank you.
Are you a student there?
Reply 3
Original post by Angelkosi
Alright thank you.
Are you a student there?

Original post by .Mark

What's studying there like? The environments and all
What are the further requirements from the school please
Reply 4
Alright thank you.
Are you a student there?

I'm not a student here no... but you generally find these are some of the questions that are mostly asked.
Reply 5
Original post by .Mark
I'm not a student here no... but you generally find these are some of the questions that are mostly asked.

Oh alright.
How long does it take for them to reply after the interview to know if one did well or not?
Reply 6
Oh alright.
How long does it take for them to reply after the interview to know if one did well or not?

It depends. Some people can find out in a few weeks and others have been known to be waiting a few months. In two weeks time and you haven't heard anything I would contact the admissions department of the University and ask for an update.
Reply 7
Original post by .Mark
It depends. Some people can find out in a few weeks and others have been known to be waiting a few months. In two weeks time and you haven't heard anything I would contact the admissions department of the University and ask for an update.

Does that mean the interview determines if the admission will changed to an unconditional offer or if the admission will be cancelled totally. What exactly though please
Reply 8
Does that mean the interview determines if the admission will changed to an unconditional offer or if the admission will be cancelled totally. What exactly though please

I'm not sure. Your best bet is to contact the Universities admissions department as they would be best suited to answer that question for you.
Reply 9
Original post by .Mark
I'm not sure. Your best bet is to contact the Universities admissions department as they would be best suited to answer that question for you.

Ok then
How about the courses for the nursing foundation year program
Ok then
How about the courses for the nursing foundation year program

Again, this is another one for the University to answer for you.
Reply 11
Original post by .Mark
Again, this is another one for the University to answer for you.

Ok
What other information will come in handy for me.
UoA student here. University of Aberdeen doesnt teach Nursing. Robert Gordons University does the course. Its best to email their admissions team to get more info. Phones will be likely closed due to staff working at home because of Covid.
Hi @Angelkosi, in case you're still searching for answers, I wanted to pop in the contact details for RGU's School of Nursing, Midwifery & Paramedic Practice. Here you go: https://www.rgu.ac.uk/study/academic-schools/school-of-nursing-midwifery-paramedic-practice

I hope that helps!

Livi

Quick Reply