The Student Room Group

AS AQA Biology revison Guide help!

Hey guys

Do you know any AQA AS Biology revision guides that are better than the CGP ones?
They don't go into much detail for me to get a high mark.

I also wondered if you knew any websites that are good for exam style questions, i have already been through the ones on the AQA website.

Original post by peebs123

Original post by peebs123
Hey guys

Do you know any AQA AS Biology revision guides that are better than the CGP ones?
They don't go into much detail for me to get a high mark.

I also wondered if you knew any websites that are good for exam style questions, i have already been through the ones on the AQA website.

This is what a lot of people think about CGP and they're wrong. :rolleyes: CGP cover all the specification points to sufficient detail, textbooks go into extra detail which is not always required. This is the same for any other sheets you may get from teachers, these could even be based on older specifications.

My main source of revision for AQA AS Biology was the CGP revision guide and I achieved an A. Don't let yourself think there isn't enough detail in the CGP guides or let your teachers make you believe there isn't.
it's called a revision guide and not a text book for a reason - it's not going to have all the micro details, otherwise it wouldn't be a revision guide. Revision guides are meant to be concise :smile:
My advice is buy the CGP revision guide as they really are pretty good from my experience, but also go out and spend £20 or whatever it may cost on a text book.
When making notes I read through each section of both books and made notes according to what comes up in both; I have found that having two different wordings and interpretations of difficult concepts can be the key to understanding them and therefore implementing your knowledge in exams. (Sometimes one book could contain something the other missed and vice versa.)
So yeah, revision guides aren't meant to be as detailed as text books. My text book which I would recommend for OCR at least, is the Cambridge university press text book. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending