The Student Room Group
At our school, ours are accurate to 0.05cm3. Use this formula: percentage error = (error x 100) / reading.
Reply 2
yes that, but use the minimum volume you used to get the maximum percentage error,that way you can blame any anomalies on the equipment provided instead of human error! lol :biggrin:
Reply 3
say if you were using a pippette.in my case 25cm3, wht would you put in the error part of the equation..i dont get it....is it the accuracy of the pippete.?
Reply 4
donkey144
yes that, but use the minimum volume you used to get the maximum percentage error,that way you can blame any anomalies on the equipment provided instead of human error! lol :biggrin:
Can somebody post an example error thingy please:frown: :frown: ? I have no idea what to do and how to link it to the rest of my coursework.
Reply 5
The uncertainty is half of the smallest measurement on the pipette. So if the smallest measurement is 1ml the uncertainty is + or - 0.5ml.

You then put this over the whole volume of the pippete. So if it 15 ml the % error would be 0.5/15 * 100 = 3.33%

Thats how I think its done but Im not 100% sure.

Mike
Reply 6
we just did, for example, o.5 over the smallest volume we measured* 100. that way we got a bigger maximum error, so we had more room to manouvre!! :biggrin:

Latest