The Student Room Group

Forensic Computing

Hey people. I'm currently doing my AS Levels in Maths, Geography, Business Studies and ICT. Which 3 out of these would be most needed for a course in Forensic Computing? I've looked around and a lot of them require maths, but didn't specify any others. I really love geography and would hate to drop that, but if I have to then I will.
Reply 1
With those subjects, keeping Geography is unlikely to hurt you. To be frank, ICT and Business Studies are not held as high an esteem by admissions tutors as more traditional subjects (e.g. computing or economics, history or geography).

So, in particular, if you love geography, keep it, and don't worry.

George

(P.S. I've been an admissions tutor at three different universities for CS, so I have some idea what I'm talking about!)
Reply 2
It may vary by each uni; but they tend to prefer science and technology A levels.
Reply 3
Is cyber security the same thing?
I'm doing a Access course in Social sciences and have a offer for Forensics next year- I don't think you need to worry about it.
Reply 5
Original post by QPRboy
Is cyber security the same thing?

Not necessarily I believe, but some universities put them together such as Bournemouth which offers 'Forensic Computing & Security'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending