The Student Room Group

How to calculate concentration?

I was wondering how to calculate concentration. I looked it up on the Internet, but it got quite complex and didn't quite understand what the term 'mole' meant.

In my experiment I have measuring the rate of reaction between HCL and CaCO3, and how concentration affects this. I'm going to be adding 10ml of water to the HCL,and need to calculate the concentration.

So I'm using:
50ml of HCL, 0ml of Water,
40ml of HCL, 10ml of Water,
30ml of HCL, 20 ml of Water,
And so on...

I was wondering how concentration could be calculated with the data above and hopefully, I will then be able calculate the concentration of the other amounts.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by kingaaran
I was wondering how to calculate concentration. I looked it up on the Internet, but it got quite complex and didn't quite understand what the term 'mole' meant.

In my experiment I have measuring the rate of reaction between HCL and CaCO3, and how concentration affects this. I'm going to be adding 10ml of water to the HCL,and need to calculate the concentration.

So I'm using:
50ml of HCL, 0ml of Water,
40ml of HCL, 10ml of Water,
30ml of HCL, 20 ml of Water,
And so on...

I was wondering how concentration could be calculated with the data above and hopefully, I will then be able calculate the concentration of the other amounts.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You need the initial concentration of the HCl before dilution ...

Quick Reply

Latest