The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I prefer F214 over F215 because its much more interesting. F215 is just blueghh tbh.... especially the ecology section. But we still have to learn it if I want to get a good grade :smile:
F214 is da bestest module out of da whole a level.

F215 sucks. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Am I the only one who thinks f214 and f215 both suck? Can't wait to never do them again :ahee:
After doing plenty of the past papers I am now of the opinion that F214 is great and F215 sucks, because:

a) The mark schemes for F215 always seem to be really overly tight;
b) There's way too much content to remember for F215, where as F214 is small enough that it's still burned into my memory;
c) F215 is just absolutely boring as hell with the only interesting bit being genome tech

On the plus side, F215's boundaries are really low; hovering around 65/100 for an A.
Reply 64
Youve finished f215 ???
We've only got up to genetic engineering this week.

And really ? About 65/100 ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
We aren't anywhere near finishing, still have 9 lessons worth of stuff to finish after Easter! Which is fab considering first week back we have our mocks -.-
The lowest I've seen it is 60/100 for an A - I think this was June 2011, and the highest was 77/100 for an A - which was January 2013 (although this was a very high grade boundary compared to all other papers, this was just an easier one)

What do people need to get on these papers to get their target grades?
I've only got half of module 4 of f215 left. :smile: feels like we rushed through f215 though. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
I think the f215 module should be cut down especially since we didn't have any January exams
I can remember f214 so well but f215 isn't a pain apart from the cellular control and behaviour units - all the spec objectives are easy to write about and remember in the other units

Posted from TSR Mobile
I finished F215 in February but I am working subject by subject, not several units simultaneously like everyone else is, so I wouldn't panic. :tongue:

F214 I am not even remotely worried about but F215 is really, really stressing me out.
Reply 70
Original post by kited4
What do people need to get on these papers to get their target grades?

I need a C at A2 to get an A overall. But I'd like an A* :tongue:
Reply 71
Original post by Gotzz

Pretty much same as me! Although if my coursework grade is moderated and stays the same I need 1 mark less than a C on both exams - but then to get an A* we need 90% :frown:
O
K
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by kited4
Pretty much same as me! Although if my coursework grade is moderated and stays the same I need 1 mark less than a C on both exams - but then to get an A* we need 90% :frown:

I'm about the same too - my coursework's been moderated already and stayed the same thankfully, so I just need mid-Ds in both exams to maintain an A. Would love an A* though, just not sure if it'll happen!
Original post by kited4

Original post by Gotzz

So you got full UMS at AS?! :O 480 ums is A 480-300=180 which justs scrapes a C at 60% ums

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LeJennifleur
I'm about the same too - my coursework's been moderated already and stayed the same thankfully, so I just need mid-Ds in both exams to maintain an A. Would love an A* though, just not sure if it'll happen!

Forgot to quote you above ^^ how can you only nees D's to get an A

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by scienceboy16
Forgot to quote you above ^^ how can you only nees D's to get an A

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because I got over 90% in AS and have full marks in the A2 coursework, meaning I need a 55% average now to get an A :smile:
Reply 77
So you got full UMS at AS?! :O 480 ums is A 480-300=180 which justs scrapes a C at 60% ums

Posted from TSR Mobile

Close yeah I got 295/300
And then this year on my coursework 39/40 which is 58 UMS
Reply 78

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, I got 278/300 at AS, which means I need 67% this year. (202/300)

Original post by kited4
Close yeah I got 295/300
And then this year on my coursework 39/40 which is 58 UMS

How do you know what UMS your coursework will be? I got 39/40 too.
(edited 10 years ago)
How did you guys make the photosynthesis module stick in your mind and anything that will help me understand it better? Thanks

Latest

Trending

Trending