The Student Room Group

The Somali Society Mk II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ArsenalObsessed
salam people!

I know I'm not meant to be on here (:mmm:) but I just thought I'd pop in and tell you guys that i finally got my offer from Kings last week :h: after 20 weeks of waiting!! Gonna go visit the uni tomorrow insha'Allah. super super exited for uni now :biggrin:

Congratulations!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ArsenalObsessed
salam people!

I know I'm not meant to be on here (:mmm:) but I just thought I'd pop in and tell you guys that i finally got my offer from Kings last week :h: after 20 weeks of waiting!! Gonna go visit the uni tomorrow insha'Allah. super super exited for uni now :biggrin:

Congrats!
There's this really interesting Ucas convention here in Bristol, talked to so many people representing Unis.
It seems like they are desperate for engineering as not many people are choosing it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7983
SNA and AMISOM have just liberated Ceelbuur from al shabaab.

It was a major al shabaab base.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7984
This is on the entrance to a hospital in Garowe lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay, nothing to do with you guys but... One direction are here.

Zayn malik is less than a mile away from me.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7986
Somali boy and girl in the 1930's

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7987
Original post by justmyself
Okay, nothing to do with ypu guys but... One direction are here.

What's so special about Zayn Malik?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Umar1
What's so special about Zayn Malik?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh you wouldn't know

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by justmyself
Okay, nothing to do with ypu guys but... One direction are here.

Not a fan of them at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7990
http://hadhwanaag.com/detail.aspx?id=126645

23 Indian girls arrive In Boorama, Somaliland wanting to marry Somali men.

I don't know what it is about us Somali men.They travelled thousands of kilometres...
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Umar1
http://hadhwanaag.com/detail.aspx?id=126645

23 Indian girls arrive In Boorama, Somaliland wanting to marry Somali men.

I don't know what it is about us Somali men.They travelled thousands of kilometres...
Posted from TSR Mobile

It's probably a rumour and nothing more. Quite funny nonetheless.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7992
AU and Somali Forces seize Al Shabab’s biggest stronghold in central Somalia

Mogadishu (HOL) - The Somali National Army and the Ethiopian contingent of African Union Peacekeepers have on Wednesday reclaimed the strategic City of Elbur in the central Galgadud region which is about 376 kilometres north of the capital Mogadishu.

The allied forces happened to enter the city after engaging in a fierce fighting with Al Shabab militants in the Washaqo neighbourhood about three kilometres north of Elbur.

*“The situation is now calm, the Somali national Army and the AU peacekeepers entered the city at about 1: 30 PM local time” a Somali military official in the city told the media.

The militants fled toward the village of Jacar which is about 52 kilometres from Elbur along the road to Mogadishu.

It took three days to the Somali Army and AU forces to enter Elbur, as the militants were trying to defend their grip on the city.

Earlier the allied forces seized more villages along the road between Elbur and the region’s provincial capital Dhusamareeb which is about 100 kilometres north of Elbur. Those include: Ceel La helay, Ceel-Garas and Ceel-Qooxle.

Meanwhile, tens of thousands of families who fled from the city earlier in the week have sought refuge into the Shiilka village which is about 5 kilometres south of the city along the road*that leads to the Somali capital Mogadishu.

http://www.hiiraan.com/news4/2014/Mar/53740/au_and_somali_forces_seize_al_shabab_s_biggest_stronghold_in_central_somalia.aspx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7993
GARISSA COUNTY: About 100 families were rendered homeless in fresh skirmishes in Garissa County.* The families were displaced after their traditional Somali huts were set on fire by hooligans believed to be from a clan locked in a border feud over a settlement area between Dadaab and Balambala constituencies in the county.

According to Garissa County Commissioner Rashid Khator, nobody was injured in the incident. The county commissioner however said 21 houses and a drilling machine worth Sh20 million were reduced to ashes at the disputed Qabobey location when unknown assailants torched an entire settlement.

*Khator said the days of those instigating violence in the county are numbered as the government will establish the perpetrators and punish them

Meanwhile area MPs have called upon their constituents to refrain from taking the law into their hands.

BORDER DISPUTE

Dadaab MP Dr Mohamed Dahiye said leaders will work together to resolve the border dispute between the two communities.

Balambala Member of Parliament, Abdikadir Aden urged the people to desist from any form of violence, adding the two clans are not enemies.

Early this year, there was a deadly clash between the two clans; Abdiwak and Auliyan who have a historical land feud, which left eight people, including the area chief with serious injuries. Two chiefs from the area are facing court cases for failing to stop the skirmishes.

Aden said area leaders have formed a mediation team of elders from both clans to immediately embark on reconciliation process.

“It’s regrettable that this incident happened. We had already resolved that all developments and resources that come to the area will be shared fairly among the residents,” said the Mbalambala legislator.

The Mbalambala CDF team had commenced a Sh10 million water drilling project in the disputed Qabobey area, which the Auliyahan clan members from Dadaab are opposed to, claiming implementation of the project was tantamount to declaring the place falls in Mbalambala Constituency.

http://www.hiiraan.com/news4/2014/Mar/53737/hundreds_displaced_in_fresh_garissa_clan_feud_over_settlement.aspx

There seems to more Somali clan fighting in North Kenya then in Somalia at times. I remember the degodia and Garreh clan fighting in the northwest, dozens were said to have died.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7994
Xukuumadda Somaliland oo ka Jawaabtay eedeyn ay u soo jeedisay Puntland

Arbaco, Maarso 26, 2014 (HOL) Wasiir ku xigeenka wasaaradda Arrimaha gudaha Somaliland Cismaan Garaad Soofe ayaa ka jawaabay eeddo uu sheegay inay kasoo yeeray madaxda sare ee Puntland.

Wasiirka ayaa tilmaamay in maamulka Puntland ku eedeeyeen Somaliland inay saaxiib la tahay kooxda Al shabaab, taas uu hadalkaasi ku sheegay mid deel qaaf ah.

“Wasiirro reer Puntland ayaa yidhi Somaliland waxay saaxib la tahay Al shabaab, runtii warkaasi waxba kama jiraan waana war been abuur badani uu ka dhex-muuqdo oo uu ku jiro,wax yaabo badan**oo gaf ahina ay ka dhex muuqdaan, markaa anagu waxaan leeyahay*walaalkayaga wasiirka ah amniga puntland daris wanaag ayaa inaga dhaxeeya,daris wanaagana in la xurmeeyo ma wanaagsana”ayuu yidhi wasiir ku xigeenka Amniga Somaliland Cisman Garaad oo ka hadlayey hadalo ka soo yeedhay wasiiro ka tirsan Puntland.

Waxaanu intaas ku daray “Anagu waanu ku dadaalaynaa in xagayaga wax kastoo keeni karaya mushkilaad iyo isku dhac waanu ka digtoonaanaynaa,hase ahaatee sidaad wasiir wax u wadaa maaha sidii darisku wax u ahaan jiray waan daris xumo hadalada aad sheegaysana waxaa ku jira hadala badan oo deel qaafa”.

Wasiirka ayaa sheegay in hadaladda iyo wararka aan jirin ee daacayadda ah ee ee Puntland ka soo yeedhay ay u gudbin doonaan dawladda dhexe ee Soomaaliya, maadaama oo Puntland hoostimaado, isla markaana wada hadal u dhexeeyo Somalinad iyo Soomaaliya, taas oo lagu heshiiyey in wax dacaayad ah dhinacna ku kicin.

Si kastaba ha ahaatee, waxa maalmahan dambe warbaahinta iska wareerayey Somaliland iyo Puntland oo isku haysta goboladda qaar, waxaanay labadda dhinacba ciidan soo dhoobeen deegaanadda bariga iyo koonfurta gobolka Sanaag.

http://www.hiiraan.com/news/2014/Mar/wararka_maanta26-45829.htm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7996
The Vice president of Puntland, Amey said in his speech today that Puntland has evidence of Somalilands collaboration with Al shabaab and they will present it.

He said they use trucks from Hargeisa for transportation to the Galgala mountains and that they have training camps in Burco.

In Farooles presidency al shabaab operatives were found with Somaliland shillings in their pockets indicating they were being paid a regular salary.

Somaliland shillings are not used in Puntland, or the regions of Sool and Saanag. The closest city to Puntland that uses Somaliland shillings us Burco.

Somaliland also provide a safe haven to the al shabaab terrorist Atom when he was defeated from in Puntland.

Godane is from Somaliland and Al shabaab hasn't attacked Somaliland since he assumed power.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7997
Puntland residents in the Sanaag capital Baran/Badhan urge Somaliland to stop their aggressive land expansion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7998
Five men belonging to al shabaab who were trying to board a plane to Somaliland were arrested by police in Mogadishu airport today.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7999
European Union announced to start giving direct financial support to Puntland state of Somalia.

The Union of European countries vowed to support the new government of Puntland headed by the President Abdiwali Gaas.

They also promised to give direct to Puntland their share from any financial contribution pledged for Somalia.

European representatives to Somalia announced to give training to Putland Marine Force in Djibouti in quest of securing Puntland shores.

This came after President Abdiwali Gaas accompanied by some of his cabinet members met European envoys to Somalia on NATO ship.

European countries contribute millions of Dollars to Federal government of Somalia while Puntland government many times claimed not to have received their allocated share.

http://www.raxanreeb.com/2014/03/somalia-eu-to-start-training-puntland-marine-forces/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest