The Student Room Group

Chemistry ISA Help? (Past ISA Question)

***Before the moderators become aroused, this from a past ISA paper from 2011*** :colondollar:

Hi everyone, I am really confused on this question for AQA AS Chemistry ISA, the exam paper is from 2011 and I need to know the process to get to the answer on this question:

The equation for the reaction between sulfuric(IV) acid and sodium hydroxide is shownbelow.
H2SO3 + 2NaOH Na2SO3 + 2H2O
Use your answers from Questions 1 and 2 and the equation above to calculate theconcentration, in mol dm–3, of sulfuric(IV) acid in solution A.
Give your answer to the appropriate precision.

(Question 1 = 28.85)
(Question 2 = 2.5 x 10^3)

Help would be appreciated, I would be extremely grateful as I have my ISA soon. Thank You.
Reply 1
It would really help if you also gave question 1 and 2 and not just an answer, as then i dont have any background info to what these numbers mean. thanks/
Reply 2
Original post by mattcandy3
It would really help if you also gave question 1 and 2 and not just an answer, as then i dont have any background info to what these numbers mean. thanks/

Question 1 is: Average titre

Question 2 is:
The concentration of the sodium hydroxide solution used was 0.100 mol dm–3.Calculate the amount, in moles, of NaOH in 25.0 cm3 of this sodium hydroxidesolution.
concentration = moles/ (average titre/1000)
Reply 4
Moles = Concentration x Volume (N=CV)

Concentration = Moles / Volume

Remember concentration is Moldm-1
Remember volume is dm3 (so to get from cm3 to dm3, divide by 1000)
Reply 5
Moles = Concentration x Volume (N=CV)

Concentration = Moles / Volume

Remember concentration is Moldm-1
Remember volume is dm3 (so to get from cm3 to dm3, divide by 1000)
Original post by Jatyization
***Before the moderators become aroused

:eek:

takes all sorts I suppose ...
Reply 7
Original post by charco
:eek:

takes all sorts I suppose ...

You have no idea! :tongue:
Reply 8
Thank You all for your help as well. I was getting confused as to why you divide by 1000. Thank You.

Quick Reply

Latest