The Student Room Group

(Edexcel) B1 17th May

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Bianca 16
dOES ANYONE KNOW THE ANSWER TO THE BRAIN HYPOTHALAMUS QUESTION IN BI TODAY AND YEAH DID ANYONE HAVE FRENCH FOUNDATION TODAY

What question are you talking about specifically?
Original post by Zafirah.1
what year was that past paper?

it was a sample assessment paper
Original post by Ninestars
On the 2 marker about how auxins kill weeds:

I said that selective weedkillers kill broad-leaved plants, but narrow-leaved plants remain unaffected. This ensures a higher crop yield.

Is this wrong as I didn't include the role of auxins?

I said that and i said auxins cause an overgrowth of broad leaves so you probably got 2
Reply 43
Original post by Ninestars
On the 2 marker about how auxins kill weeds:

I said that selective weedkillers kill broad-leaved plants, but narrow-leaved plants remain unaffected. This ensures a higher crop yield.

Is this wrong as I didn't include the role of auxins?

I apologise but yes you had to talk about how artificial auxins stimulate the growth of stems and the rate of root growth does not keep pace with the rate of shoot growth as a result the roots are unable to absorb enough water to support the growing plant and it dies.
Oh well it happens I screwed up on the mean question and the sickle cell anaemia and malaria question
Original post by noreeds
I wrote about vasodilation in a LOT of detail for that question would still get 0 marks?

Maybe as im pretty sure it was asking about vasoconstriction-but the wording of the question was quite odd (blood vessel one)
Reply 45
Link the sample assessment paper asap please
Original post by BV235
I apologise but yes you had to talk about how artificial auxins stimulate the growth of stems and the rate of root growth does not keep pace with the rate of shoot growth as a result the roots are unable to absorb enough water to support the growing plant and it dies.
Oh well it happens I screwed up on the mean question and the sickle cell anaemia and malaria question

Haha okay thank you anyways! I messed up the mean question too, but I got the sickle cell/malaria one right as I spoke about resistance.
Original post by chrlhyms
it was a sample assessment paper

does anyone know the answer to the brain question and the percentage of sickle cell
Reply 49
It was that the change in the environment is detected by receptors and sent to the brain where the hypothalamus coordinates a response and acts accordingly at least I think.

Also the percentage was 50%
Original post by blizza15
does anyone know the answer to the brain question and the percentage of sickle cell

50%
Reply 51
Nope it was 75%
Reply 52
WHO DOES TRIPLE SCIENCE JOIN THE CREW
The last ones to finish with further maths people I have 2 more papers to redeem myself
Original post by Victoria_1609
50%

okay thank you also do you know the answer to the question about plant hormones about shoot a and d
Original post by BV235
Nope it was 75%

That's what I got too, but seeing those 50% made me question myself

actually I think we're wrong haha
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 55
Original post by blizza15
okay thank you also do you know the answer to the question about plant hormones about shoot a and d

Shoot A and D:
Shoot A and D grow towards the stimulus because they need sunlight for photosythesis auxins diffuse to the shaded side of the shoot cause cell elongation Theres a bit more but I can't be bothered
Reply 56
Original post by chrlhyms
That's what I got too, but seeing those 50% made me question myself

Don't worry I triple checked BTW you seem good at this prediction stuff what do u think is going to come up on C1 paper
thank you
Original post by BV235
Don't worry I triple checked BTW you seem good at this prediction stuff what do u think is going to come up on C1 paper

Are you sure? I think it was asking for a carrier, actually thinking about it, it was 75%-someone needs to make an unofficial mark scheme.

C1 I think limestone as a 6 marker
Reply 59
No problem

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending