The Student Room Group

UBC or McGill??

Hey guys!

I have been admitted into both UBC and McGill but I don't know where to go now!! I got into the science faculty for both of them but might be considering transferring to commerce department.

So...which one has the better reputation and work opportunities? Also, which one is better for business??

O another question, my french is really really bad and so will that affect my studies in McGill??
Reply 1
To my mind, Mc Gill is better.
Teaching is in English at McGill, so, If you dont speak French, the only bad thing would be social life in Montreal
Reply 2
Oh wow i've been trying to decide between ubc and mcgill too! and i just accepted mcgill, because, well, i live in canada so for me, there's no doubt that mcgill is considered more prestigious and high quality. but for commerce, i think ontario universities would be a better choice than mcgill...i'm going for the arts and science programme. and french...french wouldn't necessarily be a problem there cuz basically everyone speaks english and french, and theres tons and tons of non-quebecois/francais students there so don't worry about that. Montreal is an amazing city to live in and meet other university students, cuz its really a huge island of universities. vancouver, on the other hand, is a beautiful harbour city with a great weather, except theres a lot of rain (which many people, like myself, enjoy). mind you, you'll find that vancouver has a big asian population, and hence the name "hong-couver". i personally like that about vancouver cuz i'm asian, but others avoid it precisely because of that.
well, i hope you make a satisfactory decision!

Latest

Trending

Trending