The Student Room Group

Achieving grades for Canadian Uni.

A Mcgill offer holder here. I am predicted A*A*A. They say that they expect us to achieve around the same grades as we are predicted if not they will rescind the offer. However, I heard for IB as long as you get a 35 they will still give you a place. Does anyone know what the limit is for A-level?

Thanks
Original post by atomic-tablet
A Mcgill offer holder here. I am predicted A*A*A. They say that they expect us to achieve around the same grades as we are predicted if not they will rescind the offer. However, I heard for IB as long as you get a 35 they will still give you a place. Does anyone know what the limit is for A-level?

Thanks
hii im in the same boat. mcgill gave me an offer with A*AA and idk how close i need to get to it. What exactly is the wording of ur acceptance letter?
Reply 2
If your final average or prerequisite subject grades dropped significantly below the level of the grades upon which you were admitted, it is your responsibility to report this in writing as soon as you are aware of it. Examples of a significant drop in grades are a drop of more than 10% on a scale of 100% or a drop of a letter grade (e.g. A to B), or equivalent. Should this describe your situation, please reply to this email and indicate the program to which you were admitted and the circumstances leading to the drop in your grades. You should also attach a PDF copy of your results. The situation will be reviewed by our admissions team.

McGill sent me this. Got in with A* A * A maths, cs, physics into cs program
Original post by atomic-tablet
Thanks
i go to mcgill and did ib last year. not sure what the a-level equivalent is, but for ib you need 24 points to pass/get the diploma. mcgill wouldn't straightforwardly tell us this but basically just don't fail and you'll be fine. do u guys have a passing grade or requirement for a-levels?
Reply 4
Original post by noonie210805
i go to mcgill and did ib last year. not sure what the a-level equivalent is, but for ib you need 24 points to pass/get the diploma. mcgill wouldn't straightforwardly tell us this but basically just don't fail and you'll be fine. do u guys have a passing grade or requirement for a-levels?
Yes we do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending