The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Remember quantities chemistry can also appear in paper 2 so do revise it
Original post by PrincessAnime2

Like atom economy and percentage yield or just the moles and stuff? 😂
Original post by PrincessAnime2

Where on the specification does it say that?
IMG_4426.jpg

The question says: Suggest why the iron in test tube Z rusts faster than in tube W

Has anyone got any ideas?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 44
Original post by hannxx
is it worth revising DNA for foundation chemistry ?

If you're doing Foundation Triple, yes. DNA is part of the polymer topic which is triple only. But learning about condensation polymerisation and amino acids are HT only for Triple.
Reply 45
Original post by Lucas6485
IMG_4426.jpg

The question says: Suggest why the iron in test tube Z rusts faster than in tube W

Water and air increase rusting, I think. Could be why.
Original post by Anthos
Water and air increase rusting, I think. Could be why.

Exactly. So surely the question is wrong or he has read it incorrectly, because W would rust faster than Z, with greater exposure to water and air?
Original post by Lucas6485
IMG_4426.jpg

Afaik it’s because the tin acts as a cathode and has a large surface area and the iron acts as an anode with a comparably smaller surface area which perpetuates and increases the rate of reaction/ of oxidation of the iron. It’s specifically something to do with the cathode(tin) accelerating the rate of reduction of oxygen. I highly doubt we’d ever be asked something like this it’d be very cruel
Yeah that's the conclusion that I came to as well, it's from the textbook but I can't find any answers for it
Original post by Natan Ramos
Afaik it’s because the tin acts as a cathode and has a large surface area and the iron acts as an anode with a comparably smaller surface area which perpetuates and increases the rate of reaction/ of oxidation of the iron. It’s specifically something to do with the cathode(tin) accelerating the rate of reduction of oxygen. I highly doubt we’d ever be asked something like this it’d be very cruel
Reply 49
Original post by Natan Ramos

With AQA asking about A Level stuff in the exam, anything could happen - nothing's cruel anymore.
Reply 50
What exam asked us A Level stuff?
Original post by Anthos
With AQA asking about A Level stuff in the exam, anything could happen - nothing's cruel anymore.
Reply 51
Original post by gemiini
What exam asked us A Level stuff?

Biology - standard deviation. Even though it was explained in the question, I wouldn't have expected AQA to include A Level stuff.
Reply 52
Oh that makes more sense now. Yeah, I didn't know that was A Level stuff but I was very confused to see that in there, since it wasn't included anywhere in the spec.
Original post by Anthos
Biology - standard deviation. Even though it was explained in the question, I wouldn't have expected AQA to include A Level stuff.
Reply 53
Good luck to everyone sitting this tomorrow morning! :hugs:
Reply 54
can someone please tell me if we need to know what comes out of the fractions of fractional distillation (kerosene etc)?! thanks
Original post by 8472
AQA GCSE Chemistry 8462 - Paper 2 - 12th June

night before breakdowns

Welp, I'm having a night before breakdown. :gthumb:
Reply 56
Original post by RazzzBerries

me too !!! I’m sure you’ll be fine
Original post by rf14
me too !!! I’m sure you’ll be fine

Ahaha thank you! Let's power through :dumbells:

I know I failed Paper 1, that why I feel the pressure to do well tommorrow :'(
Reply 58
Ahaha thank you! Let's power through :dumbells:

I know I failed Paper 1, that why I feel the pressure to do well tommorrow :'(

no point worrying about the past ones, you can’t change them but you still have full control over what happens tomorrow ! don’t stay up v late revising though bc you perform so much better when you’re properly rested ! best of luck you’ll do amazing
Reply 59

:laugh:
I'm sure you'll do well :tongue: Smash it! :dumbells:

:hugs:

Latest

Trending

Trending