The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

don’t think we do need to know the fractions
but it’s worth remembering I just in case
Just the moles equations
Original post by Jojoxx
Like atom economy and percentage yield or just the moles and stuff? 😂
It's not on the specification but in the last few years it has come up on paper 2 and my teacher said it can come up
Original post by BrandonS15
Where on the specification does it say that?
Reply 63
Original post by BrandonS15
Where on the specification does it say that?

Wth even is that
Can you give me an example as to a question they could ask about it
Original post by 8472
:laugh:
I'm sure you'll do well :tongue: Smash it! :dumbells:

:hugs:

Thank you :cry: :heart:
Reply 65
Do you think calculations and structure and bonding could come up in paper 2 because I looked through the specimen and last year's paper and I believe that there was no content from paper 1
Reply 66
But W has been covered with magnesium ribbon which is more reactive than iron so it would act as a sacrificial material and it would react with the oxygen and water instead of letting the iron react with the oxygen and water
But test tube Z has been covered in tin (sacrificial material) but it’s been scratched so the iron underneath it is now exposed to the water and oxygen so it’s more likely to rust
Original post by UnbelievablyEasy
Exactly. So surely the question is wrong or he has read it incorrectly, because W would rust faster than Z, with greater exposure to water and air?
Reply 67
Ikkk I haven’t learned that and I’m not bothered to learn that now neither
Original post by rf14
can someone please tell me if we need to know what comes out of the fractions of fractional distillation (kerosene etc)?! thanks
Original post by PrincessAnime2
It's not on the specification but in the last few years it has come up on paper 2 and my teacher said it can come up

I see what you mean, really rarely it will come up as molar ratios or something basic. Definately won’t involve the formulas. Thats Paper 1 content.
Original post by Lucas6485
IMG_4426.jpg

The question says: Suggest why the iron in test tube Z rusts faster than in tube W

Has anyone got any ideas?

The zinc in test tube z is there fore sacrificial protection. Since iron is more reactive then zinc, corrosion will occur more quickly on the iron, then it will on the zinc?
Idk to be honest.
who else is up early tryna revise the whole spec
me
Original post by Jomel123
who else is up early tryna revise the whole spec
Original post by PrincessAnime2
Just the moles equations

Okay, thankss
Reply 73
literally me ive done topic 1 6,7,8 and ive just briefly gone over topic 9 so im so scared cause i dont know it in detail im gonna try go over it i have one hour. Good lUck!!!!
Original post by 6ambz
literally me ive done topic 1 6,7,8 and ive just briefly gone over topic 9 so im so scared cause i dont know it in detail im gonna try go over it i have one hour. Good lUck!!!!

Don’t worry, you’ll do great! X
Good luck with chemistry, everyone.
Original post by A.J_MURAPPR
Good luck with chemistry, everyone.

Thanks, you too :smile:
Reply 77
Reply 78
How was it? I found the paper better than Biology 2, that’s for sure!
Reply 79
what did you guys get for the volume of oxygen question

Latest

Trending

Trending