The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
That's what I got.. not sure why everyone else got 4.8 x 10^5 instead of 4.8 x 10^3. Maybe they didn't convert the quadrat area into meters or something?

Original post by Bugza
Did anyone get 4800 for the quadrat maths question? I think it’s wrong ahh
What did you all put for the lychee question. I put my answer sevedal posts back. Dw if you struggled with it bc all my friends who are predicted 7 and above said it was the hardest question by far.
No 50cm--> 0.5 m

0.5x0.5= 0.25
Original post by Sophiehurst
For the 5 marker on daisies you had to convert the 50cmx50cm=2500cm to metres cos the trapezium was in metres so it would be 2.5m
for the last question this is what i said:
-children that eat food will have stores of glucose from the food they eat. if that is the only meal of the day, first of all excess glucose will be stored as glycogen. when energy is needed glucagon will convert glycogen back into glucose
-children who eat those fruits: when they dont have nothing to eat, fats will be converted into glucose to provide energy. however, because of those fruits enzymes denature therefore they dont have any source of energy there they die
Reply 64
I said the same thing... the first one was type 2 and the second was type 1
What did you put for the amino acid chain question. I got D.

Also did anybody else put that they used water for a control variable for the 1 marker?
Then for the two marker on variables I put the mg of caffeine consumed and the time taken. Don’t think they are right.
Original post by Georgiax71x

Also did anybody else put that they used water for a control variable for the 1 marker?
Then for the two marker on variables I put the mg of caffeine consumed and the time taken. Don’t think they are right.

I got D and control variable too. 🐦

For the variables I thought it was about variables that should be kept the same. So I said that all students should use their less dominant hand, and the same ruler should be used.
Original post by Georgiax71x

no it cannot be the same mg of caffeine cuz each group take different cm3 of caffeine. i put the same type of caffeine and the same person dropping the ruler
Original post by birdnerd
I put the palm cockatoo as behavior, hornet at structure and spider as functional altho i have a feeling the last two should be the other way round.

All the other questions in that section were AMAZING tho. The orchid questions were so nice also interesting.

Yeah that’s what I put. I can’t see how the hornet could have been FUNCTIONAL when it was just it’s appearance and phenotype. So I put structure and dissected the word because that is how it was made. The last one was displaying a function in its body so I said functional.

Easy 2 marks hopefully.
Original post by Lucas_NCT
Agreed. My ass got 48 and everyone out here getting 480000. I didn’t even convert 😭😭

I got 48😭😭
I got that too. Idk if it’s right tho
Original post by Bugza
Did anyone get 4800 for the quadrat maths question? I think it’s wrong ahh
What do you think will happen to grade boundaries?
Considering a lot of people disliked and struggled with paper 1, I think they will stay pretty much the same and this paper will even it out.
Reply 72
I acc smashed that carbon cycle question
I got 4.7x10 to the power 5. Idk I might have got it wrong
Original post by Gcses201999
Did anyone else get 4.6x10^4 instead of 4.8???
Original post by gb0101
I acc smashed that carbon cycle question

yea the carbon cycle was a fu****ing gift
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 75
I got 4.8x10^6
Original post by Valentino299
Same but i wrote it as 4.8x10^5
Me too
Original post by paperytomato
I got that too. Idk if it’s right tho
Original post by sqrt of 5
for the last question this is what i said:
-children that eat food will have stores of glucose from the food they eat. if that is the only meal of the day, first of all excess glucose will be stored as glycogen. when energy is needed glucagon will convert glycogen back into glucose
-children who eat those fruits: when they dont have nothing to eat, fats will be converted into glucose to provide energy. however, because of those fruits enzymes denature therefore they dont have any source of energy there they die

Omg i didnt read the Qs properly fml😭 i write it was converted into fats and caused cholesteral ahhh
Original post by Paolo3100
for the 5 marker i got 4.8 x 10to the 6

Same!! X
Abiotic and biotic factors I put:

Abiotic, sunlight, the building was blocking a big section of the area of whatever the plant was and so restricting photosynthesis. That is also inclusive of temperature.
I mentioned mineral ion concentration, in areas where that is low it will lack growth and thus make the plants unevenly distributed.

Biotic, predators. I said some animals and organisms may enter the school ground eating them, with students destroying them.
I said new pathogen sure which will mean that only those who mutate to be resistant will survive, leading to an uneven distribution.

Latest

Trending

Trending