The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Combined Trilogy Biology 8464 - Paper 1 - 14th May 2019

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
i wrote that , do u think it’s righy?
Original post by Dividingjem2
The beta blocker I wrote about anaerobic respiration and oxygen debt and build up of lactic acid
Reply 41
I know oh my cod
Original post by susiiiieeeee
nitrate ions. Three questions on ****ing nitrate ions. I can’t oml
Went fairly well for me, but not as much variation in topics as I thought there would be? The 4 marker on magnification, and the final 3 marker, also threw me a little but I salvaged what I could!

Did anyone else get 280um for the real object size question? Seemed too big to me.
Did anyone else also say that the water in the test tube represented the blood, and the tubing bag was the semi colon? Had no idea what to put for that one....

Just remember that it's only a small percentage of the overall GCSE science grades, you can make it up in an another exam! :smile:)
Reply 43
yh that's good. I wrote about anaerobic and aerobic and also the lungs. the lungs because slower heart rate means that the blood will reach the lungs slower, which means that the exchange of carbon dioxide and oxygen will take longer than usual. this will lead to the person running out of breath as the organs are provided with less amount of oxygen and at a slower rate.
Original post by Dividingjem2
The beta blocker I wrote about anaerobic respiration and oxygen debt and build up of lactic acid
Reply 44
for some reason i got 2,150,000 for the real object size question , what the fucj???
Original post by Raja12
yh that's good. I wrote about anaerobic and aerobic and also the lungs. the lungs because slower heart rate means that the blood will reach the lungs slower, which means that the exchange of carbon dioxide and oxygen will take longer than usual. this will lead to the person running out of breath as the organs are provided with less amount of oxygen and at a slower rate.

Same but the paper was difficult
Reply 46
I wrote small intestine for that partially permeable thing and wrote capillaries for the other thing. is that right?
Original post by hkazaly
i wrote that , do u think it’s righy?

Original post by birdnerd
Went fairly well for me, but not as much variation in topics as I thought there would be? The 4 marker on magnification, and the final 3 marker, also threw me a little but I salvaged what I could!

Did anyone else get 280um for the real object size question? Seemed too big to me.
Did anyone else also say that the water in the test tube represented the blood, and the tubing bag was the semi colon? Had no idea what to put for that one....

Just remember that it's only a small percentage of the overall GCSE science grades, you can make it up in an another exam! :smile:)
what was the narrow capillary question
the last question what did you put??? I put glucose + nitrate ions = amino acids = proteins
what about the microscope one?
Reply 49
its 100% 10.4 the person that got a 9 did 60 instead of 66 which it actually is if you read off the graph
Original post by hkazaly
for some reason i got 2,150,000 for the real object size question , what the fucj???

i got that at first , i think you multiplied instead of divided
Original post by hkazaly

Did you convert it back ?
Original post by Susiiiieeeee
Nitrate ions. Three questions on ****ing nitrate ions. I can’t oml

I wash rushing and I wrote about active transport for all of them.
yes partially permeable membrane = walls of small intestine / villi
water - blood in the bloodstream
Original post by Raja12
I wrote small intestine for that partially permeable thing and wrote capillaries for the other thing. is that right?
Reply 54
Original post by aahmedblue
What did people get for the magnification question and the beta blocker 6 mark?

Slow heart rate = slower for oxygen to get to body = get out of breath quicker
That exam for me was so easy. I loved that exam!
I wrote that a narrower capillary allowed for a smaller, and therefore more exact and accurate measurment (mm). Not sure if that's right tho.
Original post by Mina16000
what was the narrow capillary question
I got 8 hundred and some at.dont remember exactly. You had to divide
I put the same thing for the nitrate ions and for the microscope I just put how you prep a slide with the the cover slip, get a really thing slice with the forceps etc.,and how you set up a microscope to view the root hair cells with the focus wheel and coarse focussing wheel.
Original post by sqrt of 5
the last question what did you put??? I put glucose + nitrate ions = amino acids = proteins
what about the microscope one?
Original post by birdnerd
I wrote that a narrower capillary allowed for a smaller, and therefore more exact and accurate measurment (mm). Not sure if that's right tho.

yes same thing i talked about the fact that with a bigger one we wouldnt be able to measure it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending