The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Combined Trilogy Biology 8464 - Paper 1 - 14th May 2019

Scroll to see replies

Original post by arthurlittler4
ummmm...

"Plants need nitrate ions in order to make proteins.
A plant is growing in soil flooded with water.
Explain why the plant cannot absorb enough nitrate ions."

That was literally the question we had no?
It was asking about why the one with oxygen bubble through it took in more nitrate ions and faster

mate there was no water = no osmosis. the question asked about how nitrate ions make proteins fro growth
Original post by Jsh_631
Easiest test of my life. You guys must be stupid to think this was hard.Idiots!!!

ok i think it was easy too but no need to be rude -__________-
Nah nitrate ions is bout active transport not osmosis
Original post by sqrt of 5
mate there was no water = no osmosis. the question asked about how nitrate ions make proteins fro growth
I also got 10.4
Original post by Dissapointment
What was the awnser for the graph question where they gave you the graph asking for rate per hour, I got 10.4 but I know someone who is predicted a 9 with 9.6? So idk
Ah no we're talking about different questions.....

I'm talking about the one where u had to compare why one absorbed more nitrate ions than the other.
Original post by Dividingjem2
Nah nitrate ions is bout active transport not osmosis

can someone please write the actual question?
Reply 86
You has to keep referring to the graph on the other page and speak about how there isnt enough oxygen for the muscles so they go to anaerobic respiration which then puts them in oxygen debt therefore they run out of breath
Original post by aahmedblue
What did people get for the magnification question and the beta blocker 6 mark?
Reply 87
Did you revise?
Original post by Jsh_631
You must be disabled
Reply 88
worst test ever
how did anyone find that good

I'm talking about the one where u had to compare why one absorbed more nitrate ions than the other.

id remember lol
What did everyone put for the bacteria questions
Original post by Cruz123
You has to keep referring to the graph on the other page and speak about how there isnt enough oxygen for the muscles so they go to anaerobic respiration which then puts them in oxygen debt therefore they run out of breath

Oh yes great I put all that
what are you on about?

id remember lol
Reply 93
Original post by Jsh_631
Easiest test of my life. You guys must be stupid to think this was hard.Idiots!!!

wth dont get too ahead of urself, wait till august alright
Send ur address over
Original post by jsh_631
easiest test of my life. You guys must be stupid to think this was hard.idiots!!!
Did you take foundation, cause im talking about higher? I dont get what ure saying
what are you on about?

what question was it? i dont remeber
It gave you a chart and you had to explain why one absorbed more nitrate ions than the other. one was bubbled with oxygen, one was bubbled with another gas that wasnt oxygen
what question was it? i dont remeber
Original post by 12346778
I also got 10.4

I got 10.4 as well
It gave you a chart and you had to explain why one absorbed more nitrate ions than the other. one was bubbled with oxygen, one was bubbled with another gas that wasnt oxygen

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that question! yes it was basically what you said but without the water part

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending