The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I got 2g moles for the Sulfur Trioxide thing
I said something about the Rf but I know it's probably wrong!
Original post by Paolo3100
how could you identify uknown dyes
I was stumped by this, I said collect 100cm cubed of pure water, and 100cm cubed of river water. Then measure both their masses using a balance, the difference in mass will be the mass of the dissolved solids within the river water. Is that acceptable for marks?
Original post by inayah133
What did people get for the 4 mark question on the mass of dissolved substances?
I did that and then I put something like measure the mass at the start and end to get the mass of the dissolved substances
i guessed you would use simple distillation
I said something about the Rf but I know it's probably wrong!

sorry for that question i wrote about the attraction to paper and solubility
for measuring dissolved substances i wrote about simple distillation
What did everyone get for the rounding to 2 significant figure question? To find the mass
Yes, I put something like that- I said to measure the mass at the start and end to get the mass of the dissolved substances! I also put use distillation to turn it into pure water.
Original post by RedLamp444
I was stumped by this, I said collect 100cm cubed of pure water, and 100cm cubed of river water. Then measure both their masses using a balance, the difference in mass will be the mass of the dissolved solids within the river water. Is that acceptable for marks?
Hardest Science exam I've ever done
Aren't they the factors that depend on the amount of time molecules spend in each phase- mobile and stationary phase though?
sorry for that question i wrote about the attraction to paper and solubility
Same .

I did that and then I put something like measure the mass at the start and end to get the mass of the dissolved substances
I got 0.03125 but then since you have to round it to 2 s.f, I put 0.03100g
What did everyone get for the rounding to 2 significant figure question? To find the mass
I got that but I forgot to divide at the end as I had no idea how to do it- I got 3100g to 2sf but I knew it was wrong as I pressed random buttons on the calculator
I got 0.03125 but then since you have to round it to 2 s.f, I put 0.03100g
Reply 33
what did everyone put for the water test? I put test the pH but i'm wrong I think
Measure mass of evaporating basin and put water in it then evaporate water and remeasure the mass. If the mass increased then there was dissolved salt
Original post by lucayah
what did everyone put for the water test? I put test the pH but i'm wrong I think
Did anyone get 3100 for the first calculation question to 2 significant figures.
for dissolved solids, i put down to evaporate water leaving solids at the bottom of the flask which should turn into crystals. this should be dried and weighed
I put that, I said use the universal indicator and it should turn green to indicate the pH is 7 (Neutral), so it's water.
Original post by lucayah
Reply 38
Original post by leonl888
Measure mass of evaporating basin and put water in it then evaporate water and remeasure the mass. If the mass increased then there was dissolved salt

oh ok that should be right, would mine be right?
(edited 4 years ago)
What did you say for why ethanol is sustainable

Latest

Trending

Trending