The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lucayah
what did everyone put for the water test? I put test the pH but i'm wrong I think

its wrong you were supposed to use paper chromatography and one spot shouldve formed if it was pure
I think you get some marks for it but it still might not be pure as it could still have dissolved gases.
Original post by lucayah
oh ok thats should be right, would mine be right?
Reply 42
Original post by RedLamp444
I put that, I said use the universal indicator and it should turn green to indicate the pH is 7 (Neutral), so it's water.

yeah because in the distillation experiment you had to test the pH first as well
I said it was a renewable resource

Original post by gcseexam19
What did you say for why ethanol is sustainable
I said boil water and it should turn to gas at exactly 100 degrees
Original post by lucayah
what did everyone put for the water test? I put test the pH but i'm wrong I think
I said that then I crossed it out
Original post by leonl888
I said it was a renewable resource
I put filtration
Original post by Paolo3100
for dissolved solids, i put down to evaporate water leaving solids at the bottom of the flask which should turn into crystals. this should be dried and weighed
Reply 47
I said that then I crossed it out

i said that because ethanol is formed from an alkane and it is formed from carbon dioxide which is renewable
Original post by Dividingjem2
I put filtration

they had dissolved
Did anyone get 8.8%
I put to use a universal indicator sheet and the pH will be 7 if it is pure water
Original post by lucayah
Yes
Did anyone get 8.8%
Yes
Did anyone get 8.8%
Reply 53
what did people do for the wavelength question i spoke about the greenhouse gases interfering with sun rays which are transmitted through gamma radiation
0.031 for the first 4 marker
8.8 percent for the percentage
0.002 or smth like that for the moles
15 for the mass
Reply 55
Original post by sqrt of 5
15 for the mass

god damn i got all of that but i put 2 moles instead of 0.002 :frown:
I put that the greenhouse gases don't absorb the incoming short wavelength radiation from the sun. They absorb long wavelength radiation from the sun and re-radiate it in all directions including back to Earth. The longwave radiation is a thermal radiation and so it makes Earth hotter.
Original post by lucayah
what did people do for the wavelength question i spoke about the greenhouse gases interfering with sun rays which are transmitted through gamma radiation
Lol I put 500 moles because 0.002 looked wrong so I divided it the other way!
Original post by sqrt of 5
15 for the mass
Easy paper
Reply 59
Original post by inayah133
I put that the greenhouse gases don't absorb the incoming short wavelength radiation from the sun. They absorb long wavelength radiation from the sun and re-radiate it in all directions including back to Earth. The longwave radiation is a thermal radiation and so it makes Earth hotter.

i had a big flashcard on this question and it was the only one out of my 100 flashcards i did not memorise im sad

Latest

Trending

Trending